RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

New to Rebelbetting

Ask anything about smart gambling
stillill83
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

New to Rebelbetting

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:58 am

I just bought the one week trial of Rebelbetting as I only have relatively small starting capital - around £3,000 - and wanted to see if it was worth subscribing. I split this between 7 of the bookies that seem to feature most often. Already I've noticed a few things:

1) The vast majority of arbs feature Marathonbet. Many of the markets on Marathonbet have a very low maximum bet, which makes it difficult to make a reasonable profit.

2) Many of the arbs that come through are already 5 minutes + old by the time I'm alerted.

3) On most occasions odds have changed by the time I access the bookie's website. SBO's odds seem to fluctuate constantly. In around 2 hours of monitoring on a Saturday morning I only managed to place one arb.

4) It takes quite a while for the auto-log in to log in to Pinnacle. Also you have to manually type a verification code for SBO. This delays things a lot.

Any thoughts at all on improvements I could make? I thought my computer was pretty powerful, but perhaps not as powerful as it needs to be.

Thanks.
stillill83
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: New to Rebelbetting

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:10 pm

Oh, and same situation with Betsson. Tiny maximum bet outside the very big leagues even though I've never placed a bet with them.
jinjan
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Marathon arbs on big leagues will have nice limits. You'll need to stick to them if you want big limits.

You have to be quick off the mark.

I'm assuming you're from UK. Don't forget about Ladbrokes/Stan James..
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:26 pm

You can make profit with rebelbetting and also with marathonbet. With experience you will be able to filter out the low-limit bets and the outdated ones just by looking at them. Dont expect the software to do all the thinking for you, you will have to learn what arbs are worth opening and which are 1-2 euro limits.
stillill83
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Thanks for the comments. I'll keep trying.

Had a very lucky escape yesterday - forgot to place the Betsson bet first and was short of half the stake needed for the arb. Thank god for Marathon keeping the loss to £1.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:31 pm

learning from your mistakes... the best lessons. Good that this one didnt cost you :)
acika
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:49 pm

I think Pinnacle was slow for everyone this weekend. You can just log into sbo in a webrowser and it will be logged in for a day.
stillill83
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Despite my best efforts (rounding to 5, not going too big) it looks like Marathon have limited me within 24 hours. The Marathon side of my arbs kept winning so I now have quite a large balance in my Marathon account. Worth leaving it in there? Any chance the limits will increase again if I'm inactive for a short time?

What are people's views on the most important books aside from Pinnacle and Marathon.

Cheers
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 pm

You might have some decent limits in epl or other big leagues.

Return to “Newbie's questions”