Betting on next Pope

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Betting on next Pope  (Read 2373 times)
MUCHBET
Probably a Pro

View Profile

MUCHBET

Betting on next Pope
« on: February 24, 2013, 09:47:35 AM »

Anyone did think about that opportunity already to bet on the next Pope?  ;)

could be some pocket-money with the right strategy...
http://www.oddschecker.com/politics-and-election/next-pope/winner
anormal1992
Getting better

View Profile

anormal1992

Re: Betting on next Pope
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »

all conspiracy says that the next pope will be the last one before a dark period....and the pope will be black man.... It will be Peter Turkson
If your read in forums surely you will find something about all this conspiracy.... for example http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2136735/pg1 !
MUCHBET
Probably a Pro

View Profile

MUCHBET

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 07:03:57 PM »

all conspiracy says that the next pope will be the last one before a dark period....and the pope will be black man.... It will be Peter Turkson
If your read in forums surely you will find something about all this conspiracy.... for example http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2136735/pg1 !

Interview with "Andreas English" (biograph from pope Benedikt 16th) in Austrian Broadcasting station
He says: (in short words)

Turkson - time not ready for a black pope yet!
Mexican - NO!
Mid-America - no chance - too  many things happened lately
Africans: hard due to Melingo-scandal
Schoenborn (one of the few without any black spots on his vest - so also a choice, and he ws doing a great job in abuse issues)

Scuola, Ouellet are his favourites.
His "hint" - watch out if one of the candidates releases a book in a rush now before the elections  - then he wants to become pope...

Lansky
Has some experience

View Profile

Lansky

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 08:45:06 PM »

old Christoph Schönborn seems like a good bet even if some dislike him for his aristocratic background (born in a castle in Bohemia during the last months of the war to a Count and Baroness; also a distant cousin of Sophie von Chotek whose asassination along with her husband Archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo sparked WWI)

I've heard him described as both "an accomplished crisis manager" and "a forward thinking balanced reformer". Also conservative enough to be on good terms with all the factions within the Vatican, plus it doesn't hurt to be a former student and confidante of Ratzinger.

In Arbitrage, Percentages are Vanity and Turnover is Sanity.
MUCHBET
Probably a Pro

View Profile

MUCHBET

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 04:55:51 AM »

old Christoph Schönborn seems like a good bet even if some dislike him for his aristocratic background (born in a castle in Bohemia during the last months of the war to a Count and Baroness; also a distant cousin of Sophie von Chotek whose asassination along with her husband Archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo sparked WWI)

I've heard him described as both "an accomplished crisis manager" and "a forward thinking balanced reformer". Also conservative enough to be on good terms with all the factions within the Vatican, plus it doesn't hurt to be a former student and confidante of Ratzinger.
clever statement Lansky!
I was already thinking about an arb between 7-8 favourites to cover some outsiders at least - let's see what first round of the council brings, then this strategy might work...
Lansky
Has some experience

View Profile

Lansky

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 06:10:58 PM »

Maybe I'm just partial for Schönborn because I once lived in Wien (Vienna) myself. But I still think the Vatican's problems could use a diplomatic Austrian touch like when Marinekommandant Admiral Miklos Horthy called up the Emperor Karl from somewhere along the Dalmatian coast in summer 1918 and assured him that the situation of the Imperial and Royal Navy of Austria-Hungary was "Hopeless but not Serious". A phrase the Viennese are still fond of using to this day.

In Arbitrage, Percentages are Vanity and Turnover is Sanity.
Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW

Arbusers

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »

Surprise.
MUCHBET
Probably a Pro

View Profile

MUCHBET