RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

I Did Search the Board....Limits

Ask anything about smart gambling
flyingcamel
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

I Did Search the Board....Limits

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:05 am

Is there a place which shows the limits that bookies will eventually put the betting amount to?  I searched the message board, but did not see a whole list.  The reason I ask is that this seems to be the main "end" to most people's arb career - when it just isn't profitable anymore.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
MUCHBET
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: I Did Search the Board....Limits

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:36 am

Limits do also differ by country of ID and misc other factors - so no general "Law" for everyone there...
flyingcamel
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Is there kind of a general rule - for example, what would the minimum "limit" be? 

I'm not really looking to get rich doing this at all - I'm looking to make about $10 - $30 per week to give me some extra spending money.  I'm not sure if the limits will overly effect me, given the low amounts of money I'm betting - but maybe they will.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide - I realize the limits will change depending on country and other factors, I guess I'm just looking for what to expect.....from people who have been in this for longer than me.
risilloch
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:52 am

I don't think that information exists because no one has ever bothered to collate the data.

And why would they! I can see no value in possessing it.

You get limited - you deal with it.

To be honest with the numbers you are talking about I don't think you should be at all concerned.
rickw
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:30 pm

risilloch, I don't quite agree. Having a limit of 50 EUR per bet and having one of 0 or 5 EUR is a huge difference. You can make a lot of money with 50 EUR limits on Interwetten, as they are really slow with odds, but lately they have started limiting to 0, or rather blocking Sports betting all together.

So yes, knowing what a book usually limits to is good information.

Some of my own experience and what I've gathered on forums
- Williamhill: pretty low, around 1-20, depending on volume of the market and stakes
- BWIN: depends, sometimes fixed limit up to max of 30 or sometimes also fixed to X factoring the odds in (e.g. max payout 100). I have seen as low as 1 CHF limits being set
- BetAtHome: I've seen 250 and 50 limits, but arbing is really hard here
- Interwetten: 0
- BetSafe: really low, around 1-4
- 888sport: really low, almost 0
- MarathonBet: 1-5
flyingcamel
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Thank you for your response.  That helps quite a bit.  I guess we'll see how it goes over a few weeks.  It would be nice to not get cut off, but this seems to be the main risk of this "system"
wettmeister1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:46 am

Does it also help to play for example just one bet per day at one european bookmaker and not more ?
rickw
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:27 am

no, they could (and can) detect that you only play odds that are out of line, this information is available to them.

Return to “Newbie's questions”