RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Arbers Count

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
marilio1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Arbers Count

Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Hello. I am very curious to get an idea how much arbers there is. I mean worldwide. And where do they live. I personally know 4 from my town in  Bulgaria. I saw that there is 770 users in this forum. And as far as I have been placing arbs on European and American markets, and the time frame I place them, I believe that arbers live mostly in Europe, because at 4 o'clock in the morning, arbs stay with hours, and nobody takes advantage of them. Or may be Australian, Asian and American arbers (south and north) use another bookmakers, not bet365, Marathonbet, Betvictor, Ladbrokes and StanJames for example.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Arbers Count

Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:29 pm

Do you have a specific reason asking for this?
marilio1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:05 pm

I wonder if Marathonbet earn some money, or not. I am thinking of what is their goal. Are they trying to conquest the market, or are they doing some money laundering. I try to prevent what will happen with them in a year or two, for example. I don't know a punter who knows about them, but all the arbers use them, and abuse them. The question stays for most of the bookmakers, actually. Most of their lines are ok and balanced, but at a moment, betonvalue shows an arb between BetVictor and Bet365. How much arbers take the advantage at 20:00 o'clock and how much do it at 4:00 am? Do we (arbers) cause them disbalance, or not? This thoughts are stuck in my mind, so I wait for opinions.
    And I want to say one big "Thank You" for this forum, as I am new to it.
rickw
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:11 pm

there's many.

arbers don't cause disbalance, they do the opposite! arbing balances out different prices, just as it does at the stock exchange or forex (e.g. a stock at one market has +- the same price as on another market, the reason is arbitrage).

it's the casual punters bringing in volatility, which is good for arbing. that's why late at night (GMT) or in the morning, basically nothing happens, the odds are more or less stable. I don't think there's a lot of money to be made at off-peak times, this is just from my experience.
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:41 pm

rickw wrote: there's many.

arbers don't cause disbalance, they do the opposite! arbing balances out different prices, just as it does at the stock exchange or forex (e.g. a stock at one market has +- the same price as on another market, the reason is arbitrage).

it's the casual punters bringing in volatility, which is good for arbing. that's why late at night (GMT) or in the morning, basically nothing happens, the odds are more or less stable. I don't think there's a lot of money to be made at off-peak times, this is just from my experience.
Arbers do cause imbalances to the lines of soft books but in my opinion arbers do not create big imbalances  to the lines of sharp books.
Last edited by qbet on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
MUCHBET
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:50 am

...as sharp books move fast, an arb is just there for seconds or minutes - so not the chance of getting such a high volume on a single bet as on slow moving european bookies...
-> sharp books have better risk management here automatically :)

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”