Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Balancing Social Life and Arbitrage Work

Sun May 12, 2013 7:44 pm

What's your busiest day?

Saturday, Sunday..right?

What's weekend for normal people? (By normal people, I mean public, people who work 9-5)

Saturday and Sunday..right?

So you got lots of work when everybody is off.
How you overcome it? Did you had any problems about that?

Sure, you can take your ultrabook and mobile modem with you outside but you won't be able to arb effectively like you did at home. What you do when you have to go to cinema, theatre; an environment where opening your computer is not possible.

Well, my formula is..

Work saturday when it's day time and take saturday night off.
Sundays, I work %50. If I go outside for any activity between 9:00-13:00; then I work after 13:00. Or If work 'til 15:00; then I go outside between 15:00-20:00. Sure, you will miss some arbs when you're away but hey you need it. Sometimes, I take my laptop with me but I must admit I feel myself more comfortable at home.

Mondays are usually slow but I had some crazy mondays too, thanks to tennis. But overall, mondays are slow.

I feel very relaxed on sunday nights. That's funny cause I used to hate sunday nights when I was working 9-5. Sunday Night means work tomorrow for normal people. It sucks. But if you're a Full Time Arbitrage Trader; then sunday night is your friday. Specially thru midnight, there isn't many games, sea is calm.

Btw, I hope you arbed Cobresal-Union game, it was good.

Today, it was Mothers day. We went to picnic with my wife, father and mother. Didn't wanted to look to computer there. Okay, making money is ok but you have a social life too. What's the point of living if you don't enjoy it?

Let's get to the subject..

You got lots of work when everybody is off.
How you overcome it? Did you had any problems about that?
Last edited by Yngwie on Sun May 12, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArberLV
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Balancing Social Life and Arbitrage Work

Mon May 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Really for many arbers,traders,forex traders and poker players social life is big problem. Many people are sitting by computer about 16h per day and that almost every day. They need more and more money, they even dont leave their house and that causes many other problems and people loose their social life.

MY main working starts from friday to sunday. I earn money only from arbing so i need do it hard and serious to live without money problems :)

Mondays ALWAYS i chill, only i don in mondays i check all bookie accounts and see my earnings from week. All other working days i do usually other rthings that neccesarry for me and when i am at home i switch PC on, TV on and search for any arbs. Also 3 times a week i go to gym to workout. Thats one of way where i meet friends and am out from computer.

So from friday starts real arbing for me, saturdays are best days but sundays after 5pm i can work in chill  mode :)

I think that everyone has to be their own social life and be active. Because of course you can sit at home 20h by PC and earn more and more but you will never get all cash. For me there is any amount wich is ok for me monthly and if earn them then i am happy. Of course few weeks and here will season end but in sommer more time we can spend outside and spend our earned money  ::)  ;D
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Mon May 13, 2013 10:15 pm

ArberLV wrote: Really for many arbers,traders,forex traders and poker players social life is big problem. Many people are sitting by computer about 16h per day and that almost every day. They need more and more money, they even dont leave their house and that causes many other problems and people loose their social life.

MY main working starts from friday to sunday. I earn money only from arbing so i need do it hard and serious to live without money problems :)

Mondays ALWAYS i chill, only i don in mondays i check all bookie accounts and see my earnings from week. All other working days i do usually other rthings that neccesarry for me and when i am at home i switch PC on, TV on and search for any arbs. Also 3 times a week i go to gym to workout. Thats one of way where i meet friends and am out from computer.

So from friday starts real arbing for me, saturdays are best days but sundays after 5pm i can work in chill  mode :)

I think that everyone has to be their own social life and be active. Because of course you can sit at home 20h by PC and earn more and more but you will never get all cash. For me there is any amount wich is ok for me monthly and if earn them then i am happy. Of course few weeks and here will season end but in sommer more time we can spend outside and spend our earned money  ::)  ;D

It is a much bigger problem for arbers than for traders or poker players. They can easily take the weekend off.
ArberLV
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue May 14, 2013 9:20 am

qbet wrote:
ArberLV wrote: Really for many arbers,traders,forex traders and poker players social life is big problem. Many people are sitting by computer about 16h per day and that almost every day. They need more and more money, they even dont leave their house and that causes many other problems and people loose their social life.

It is a much bigger problem for arbers than for traders or poker players. They can easily take the weekend off.
YES you know its really in my opinion the main problem that we have to work in weekends but working days we can take off. Many friends dont understand why in weekands i often sit at home especially saturdays or sundays, but at working days i have many free time :)

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”