BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Is there an amount which goes undetected?

Ask anything about smart gambling
pancolato
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Is there an amount which goes undetected?

Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:17 pm

Hello All,

I am new to arbing and love the idea.

I would like to know whether there are amounts which go undetected or not.

For example few minutes ago there was an arb about a soccer match in the vietnamese league
1) would it be safe to bet a small amount (e.g.: max < 100 GBP) or, since the game is so unknown,
then you just get caught and even for a small amount?

2) when one is limited, how much is limited? How do you proceed afterwards, without creating further accounts?

Mainly I would like to know whether the amount does have an impact on your likelihood to get limited and even kicked out from the bookie.
Of course, this would come to a price in terms of absolute amount you can squeeze at any bet.

Thanks in advance for your response and happy arbing.
acika
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Is there an amount which goes undetected?

Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:28 pm

In my opinion, no. They look at bets. I tested some books with like 30-50eur stakes in past, it didnt help much. Maybe at some books it is possible. Try it :-D
pancolato
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:52 pm

Acika,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Therefore this would suggest that the best strategy would be to bet as much as one can at the beginning and/or to avoid unknown games.

Any other opinion highly appreciated.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Every bookmaker is using diferent filters when looking for arbers.
One of them is sharp odds. If you contsntly take sharp odds, no matter if you bet 1-2 euros, there will be some bookmakers who will limit you just for this.
pancolato
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Arbusers,

Thank you very much for your precious response.

Does this imply that one should also play not-so-sharp odd to create enough noise?

Is it feasible, without nullifying the profits from pure arbs?

Thanks again
Pesh
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:18 pm

There are bookies that limited me after 3-4 20EUR bets.

What exactly stands behind the term "sharp odds"? I do make the difference between sharp and soft bookies but Im still struggling to understand what "sharp odds and soft lines" stand for.
Last edited by Pesh on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:21 pm

pancolato wrote: Does this imply that one should also play not-so-sharp odd to create enough noise?
Then arbitrage is gone. Not a choice. Sharp odds is a milestone.
pancolato
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:12 am

Then arbitrage is gone.
Arbusers,

Thanks for the response. It is what I thought. So my question goes to: how is it a sustainable source of income, if you are limited after few bets? Suppose you are limited as Pesh suggested: 20-30 euros; is it still a viable source of income? Or possibly some other bookies would limit you less?

I am just asking these questions because it seems to me that the very barrier for newbies is knowledge/experience. That said, you have mentioned many times that to make a reasonable profit one would need at least € 20-25k. This would suggest (at least this is what I had understood) that limited accounts are still limited in the order of hundreds (euros or similar currency).

Is my reasoning wrong in any part? Do I have to intend that even a professional arber would bet no more that 20-50 euro per bet?  Thanks you so much.

ArbAttack,

Thank you very much for your response. Very useful information.
Last edited by pancolato on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:25 am

panco,
There are almost 50 reliable bookmakers that you can use for arbitrage purposes. So 1st task is detecting who are these bookmakers.
You dont need to use all of them at once. You could do that if you had a bankroll of 100-200k at your disposal.
So the scenario that i always reccomend is this:
1. Register to all base books. That would be Betfair, Smarkets, Betdaq, Pinnacle, Sbobet and possibly 188bet. When registering to all these try to get the best possible deal, because this will be free money for you.
2. Register only to 5-6-7 arbable bookmakers. Get the maximum bonus from them. Finish with ror as soon as possible, if possible within the 1st or 2nd day. Arb for as long as they allow you to arb. When a bookmaker limits you to levels that you dont feel that something good can be earned, then leave this bookmaker out. Replace this bookmaker with an other one. Of course, there will be bookmakers that offer you 20-30 euro bets, but again these bets will contribute a lot to your profits, so every bookmaker must be approached in a different way. Also, some bookmakers will limit you to peanuts bets when odds are long, but will allow you to be decently when odds are short. For example, nordicbet, 24hpoker etc. In this situation, you will not be able to place 30 euros bets with odds 5, but you will be allowed to bet 600-700 euros when odds are 1.1.
3. Be carefull. Some bookmakers will last for 1-2 months, some will last for 1-2 days. When selecting these 7 bookmakers, you must include bookmakers from both types.
4. There will be a point that you will be done and limited with all these 50 bookmakers. After that, you need to find more unconventional solutions. I believe this is not the stage that you are in, so there is no reason to talk about it now. Furthermore there are some tactics that must be kept as secret, and also, can't be used from newbies or people with limited bankroll.
5. As far as it concerns bankrolls, the tactic that i suggest is as follows: 1/3rd to basebooks, 1/3rd to soft books, 1/3rd as a reserve in e-wallets, ready to fire. (Needless to say that e-wallets registration must be clever and include a cash back deal)
pancolato
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Arbusers,

thank you so much for the explicative response.

I see your points. Your post promoted a further question, but I guess I will open another topic, for that.

Thank you very much indded
BHT
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:07 am

@pancolato : As Arbusers written above, there is a point when you get limited with all bookmakers so your ID is not worth anymore of doing arbitrage, but you may keep it of course for new bonuses oportunities of bookies that will come in the betting industry (take care at this point, not all of these bookies are serious when it comes to high amounts payments, especially when you hit them hard with big odds)

So after this point "you need to find more unconventional solutions", as our Boss said
What that means ?

Well bookies love to take more and more bets, of course from the perspective of beginners gamblers/customers who just bet for fun  ;D

Do you have friends or relatives who do not have an ideea about betting, arbitrage & stuff ?
If YES, try to contact them and use your imagination afterwards :)
Last edited by BHT on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Newbie's questions”