BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Arbing with risk

Ask anything about smart gambling
Karson

Arbing with risk

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi guys,

I'm trying to do "arbing" with risk. Basically I skip a draw. I know probably I can't call it "arbing" any more but I found it very profitable. I'm focusing on games of handball and basketball where draws are not very frequent.
Is there anyone who is doing similar things? If yes what sport you focus on?

Thanks for shearing your thoughts.
sportoboy
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Arbing with risk

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Karson wrote: Hi guys,

I'm trying to do "arbing" with risk. Basically I skip a draw. I know probably I can't call it "arbing" any more but I found it very profitable. I'm focusing on games of handball and basketball where draws are not very frequent.
Is there anyone who is doing similar things? If yes what sport you focus on?

Thanks for shearing your thoughts.
It is very profitable, until a (rare) draw wipes out all your profits. And as you said, you can't call it arbing, since it has a more or less significant risk. The whole concept of arbing is to profit without risk. 
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Be careful with skipping draws in Basketball. About 6-7% of NBA games go into overtime so if you habitually bet on regular time "arbs" that pay less than 7% you will loose money over time.
You need to understand the math behind your strategy so you can determine whether it has long term value. A winning streak of 10-20 games has no significance here.
ArberPro
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:20 am

It's more trading i live arb/trade  with risk but it took me about one year to learn to  make it profitable.
betahead
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:32 am

was following that strategy in a piece of paper for basketball. The returns are low and a potential loss will ruin you. Just  as if you were betting on lay 0-0 in Barcelona and R.Madrid games. Big win% but in case of 0-0 you lose profit+bankroll.

A somewhat interesting strategy would be to bet on the outsider with odds like 2.30 and the favorite with the small baseball handicap of 1-1.5 points in 1.91 or something. This should work better in american football matches when the handicaps are low(2.5-5 points) . Still no proof that this is profitable on the longterm.

Return to “Newbie's questions”