BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

would i be limited if i dont arb, just choose the best odds?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Procreator
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

would i be limited if i dont arb, just choose the best odds?

Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:20 am

Hey guys,
        Ive been watching football for 12 years, through the emergence of trends I developed a sort of subconscious feel for it.. I make the steady statistical loss in all sports. But make great profits in football (made a 40% increase in a typical premier league week  -guessing 4 matches correct out of 5 -, needless to say probably the least predictable after the brazillian). no bragging really  ;D
the thing is after reading so many accounts being limited, I cant help but deduce that even if im just choosing the best odds from say oddstorm.com my accounts will be eventually limited even if im not arbing (for the sake of argument that is, I am planning to arb eventually when i get a feel for it). So how does that even work? are we supposed to let go the best odds and choose second and third best, limiting our profits.. so as not to get limited by bookies? because id rather get limited than just go for less profit.

If you guys are up for it, we can open a section where actual betting advice is given.. I know for a fact I can be right more often than wrong in football. There's are others like me. we can help others out by giving actual betting consultancies. I know it might be against the whole purpose of the forum, being 100% sure of profit...but its just a suggestion

Cheers!
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: would i be limited if i dont arb, just choose the best odds?

Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:15 am

Always get the best odds available, even if they cant be found only in softbooks. You shound like a tipster, but serious tipsters are betting mainly in Asians and Pinnacle, where limits dont come fast. Consider this.
Procreator
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Oh I think you got it wrong, I'm a total noob at betting, I've been doing it for around a year, I'd never ask for money for it. This is the first betting forum I join and I'm trying to be active.
Pinnacle is sometimes 10-15 cents lower on a good line...I guess I'd  probably get banned eventually whether I arb or not
jagas
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:58 pm

for me i think that if you an arbuser, then the cent lower in pinnaclee or other asian bookmaker will matter to you, but if you are someone who intends to just bet and win, then i dont think you should mind where it is lesser or higher because you will still gain big if you win.

but to answer your question, i have tried arbing as i am also new to it, but believe me i tried every trick in the book and my accounts where limited, no matter what you do.

i have come to understand that bookmaker work like this, they dont care whethe you are arbing or tiping or anything but as long as you are wiining big from them, they will limit you. some bookmaker have it that once you reach a winning amount, automitially the system wil limit you, soon have higher so for those it will take longer time before you are limited.
what i mean is this, example bet365 is a big bookmaker so they will allow you to win alot from them maybe till up to 3000 pounds, once you reach that, the system will alert them, then they will place a limit on you, some like new bookmakers or poor ones have like 500 pounds, so those once you might be limited in a day or a week. remember if you are lossing they will love you because the winning limit in them will be increasing example you lose 1000 at 365 at ur first day, so instead of 3000, you will have 4000 but once you have won up to 4000, whether in a year or 11 yrs you will be limited. they dont sit and look at how you are betting or how you are withdrawaling or what you are doing, they just dont want people taking so much money from them

so bet find a bookmaker than dont place limit and then bet with them, but if you are an arbuser, welcome you will be limited.
Procreator
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:03 pm

Very informative.. It's really a battlefield out there. I just don't think it's over.. Surely there's still ways to beat it!
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Actually, you may get limited even if you're losing. Books are not interested in your win/lost rate. They're interested in odds you're betting. Are you betting value odds? Do you beat the closing line? Are you chasing steam? You picked Worcester at 1,67, then it drops to 1,40? Here comes limit!
Procreator
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:59 am

Wow, there seems to be confusion about the process.. Has no one experimented with it?
I know for a fact I made a lot more money than I lost with tipico when I started and they didn't limit me.. I'm guessing and hoping for the latter opinion

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”