How not to have my accounts limited

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Porthugz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

How not to have my accounts limited

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:57 am

Hello everyone,

Recently I have had an issue with one of my bookies: It simply can not lose a bet...

I arb very carefully, always bet round numbers on major league events at bookies and such.

I have won more than 6 times what I deposited at that bookmaker and decided to rest it for 2 weeks. I tried to take my winnings to betfair by backing outsiders (odds above 3) at the bookie and laying them at betfair. Divided the whole bankroll on 5 different bets so that I could expect at least 3 or 4 of the bets to be won on betfair.

But you all know the Murphy law and obviously the 5 outsiders won and I have even more money on the bookie now...

I did not open the topic to complain but rather to discuss what are the different techniques out there to avoid being limited at bookies.

I am sure a lot of you have faced similar situations and I think it would be interesting to know how everyone manages this (if you care to share of course).
ArberPro
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: How not to have my accounts limited

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:24 am

FInd friends :D
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Porthugz wrote: Hello everyone,

Recently I have had an issue with one of my bookies: It simply can not lose a bet...

I arb very carefully, always bet round numbers on major league events at bookies and such.

I have won more than 6 times what I deposited at that bookmaker and decided to rest it for 2 weeks. I tried to take my winnings to betfair by backing outsiders (odds above 3) at the bookie and laying them at betfair. Divided the whole bankroll on 5 different bets so that I could expect at least 3 or 4 of the bets to be won on betfair.

But you all know the Murphy law and obviously the 5 outsiders won and I have even more money on the bookie now...

I did not open the topic to complain but rather to discuss what are the different techniques out there to avoid being limited at bookies.

I am sure a lot of you have faced similar situations and I think it would be interesting to know how everyone manages this (if you care to share of course).
No matter what, avoid withdrawing if you can... And you should lose some time in the future :-)
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
brapp
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Porthugz wrote: Hello everyone,

or bonus for this, I prefer to lay the favorite odds below 1.40.
So if I can not transfer the first bet using martingale and thus has no error
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:19 pm

TIP: Parlay your arbs with short priced favourites.

For example, I parlayed Ingolstad 2,40 (picked other side at 1,81) with Monaco 1,35 yesterday.
Ingolstad won, so I covered Monaco bet by picking draw at 6,07 and Evians at 14,20. It was a %2.47 arb. Monaco failed to win, game ended 1-1 and I lost in softbook.

Thursday, I parlayed another arb with Houston Rockets (NBA) 1,10. They were playing against Los angeles Lakers and LA was 12,75! Lakers pulled off an upset and cashed as 12,75 big underdog.
Last edited by Yngwie on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jakefckfc
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:54 pm

isservilles wrote: HI
If we compare:
a punter have a level of baby school and the bookie have a level of high school , ther is a big difference between arber and bookies
surebet is a STRATEGY of bookies and not an ERROR
I am sur that bookies are JEALOUS that punters make money
is it ILLEGAL to choice the best price?
it  is better if we are more arbers and COMPLAINT against bookies:the law of EUROPE is with us
see this website
EGBA.EU and look for the law on their website(all major bookies are affiliate to them)
What would happen Isservilles, if you had your way, and a law was enforced forcing bookies not to limit players? The bookies would lose the protection whic enables them to offer the soft odds we as arbers take advantage of! If they continued with the high odds, sharp players would POUND them and they would LOSE money! In the end they would have to either lower their odds to a level where valuebets, and in consequence arbing opportunities would seize to appear, or they would have to start operating as sharp books. You should be happy that they are allowed to impose limits as this allows them to be lax about their odds setting! Limits are the reason you have the opportunity you have the chance to make money arbing.

Or am missing something?

Jakob
Porthugz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:18 am

Yngwie/Sawyer wrote: TIP: Parlay your arbs with short priced favourites.

For example, I parlayed Ingolstad 2,40 (picked other side at 1,81) with Monaco 1,35 yesterday.
Ingolstad won, so I covered Monaco bet by picking draw at 6,07 and Evians at 14,20. It was a %2.47 arb. Monaco failed to win, game ended 1-1 and I lost in softbook.

Thursday, I parlayed another arb with Houston Rockets (NBA) 1,10. They were playing against Los angeles Lakers and LA was 12,75! Lakers pulled off an upset and cashed as 12,75 big underdog.
Thanks a lot Yngwie/Sawyer for your contribution, I always greatly value your advices here.

I have to study the maths behind all that but I think this is just brilliant. Thanks a lot!
wibble wobble
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:05 am

defintely a clever idea but the odds on the short priced fav could go against you by the time the 1st leg of the dbl is complete surely
i am arbitrage

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”