Arbing Gets Harder Everyday..

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Books started to limit really fast..even if you parlay your arbs..
Can't see doing this profession forever..not many accounts left..
May have to consider retirement next year..

What about you? How is your situation? :D
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Arbing Gets Harder Everyday..

Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:10 pm

yeah it's getting harder and harder day after day,
bookies limit very fast..
states are licensing online gambling ,so bookies are putting something like 5-10% stake tax on costumers etc

sawyer ,if you  run out of accounts one day ,we can make a deal.
Lansky
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:51 am

bachz wrote: Why are you so sceptic ? :)..there is no reason for such talks..or ?....i didnt notice that bookies have been limiting accounts faster than last year.
Well they're limiting a hell of a lot faster than they were 5-10 years ago. Exponentially so in some cases. I think that's what he meant
In Arbitrage, Percentages are Vanity and Turnover is Sanity.
Porthugz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:45 am

Why not try other options in the betting world?
atilla9
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Every year I read same posts. Every year is better than previous.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:38 pm

atilla9 wrote: Every year I read same posts. Every year is better than previous.
Don't let "Bankroll Growth" mislead you.  Of course, you will make more profit with a 50k bankroll then a 10k bankroll. Every year, your business grows. But then you come to a point where you can't use your whole bank..say like 100k.

In addition, every year your experience increases. You're a newbie in your first year, more prone to mistakes, much experienced after few years so it means less mistakes, more profits..

But despite these bonuses, conditions get harder everyday. One thing is for sure, arbing is still profitable in today's age but much harder then 7-8 years ago.

Being optimistic is a good thing, but gotta be realistic also.

We don't have unlimited resources, you must keep this on your mind. Soft books won't welcome you forever. So it's a good idea to think about finding new ways..

I wish everyone a profitable weekend, Take care! ;)
Last edited by Yngwie on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Porthugz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:36 am

I read somewhere that live arbing is the future, what's your opinion on that?
Porthugz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:11 am

I just had my Stanjames account closed, I am honestly chocked.

I was very carefull with this bookmaker, knowing that they were very quick on limitations. I am a pretty big loser on this book's side, I don't understand how they spotted me...
BO
BOOYAKA

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:09 am

betinternet closed me down so quickly its ridiculous. Rubbish bookmaker.
wibble wobble
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:59 am

quit your whinging its easy money still is it not? theres folk stuck in poor developing countries in disgusting working conditions working day and night for a few pound, its not got any harder since i started little over a year ago exactly the same but retire if you want less competition
i am arbitrage
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:00 pm

BOOYAKA wrote: betinternet closed me down so quickly its ridiculous. Rubbish bookmaker.
Porthugz wrote: I just had my Stanjames account closed, I am honestly chocked.

I was very carefull with this bookmaker, knowing that they were very quick on limitations. I am a pretty big loser on this book's side, I don't understand how they spotted me...
In today's age, books limit you even if you're losing! Just pick some value odds and you're done. Just 1 year ago, I could arb with a XXX bookie for 2-3 weeks without any limit restrictions. Now, that XXX bookie limits me after 2nd bet, lol.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:15 pm

wibble wobble wrote: quit your whinging its easy money still is it not?
its not got any harder since i started little over a year ago exactly the same but retire if you want less competition
This is not whining. This is just analyzing the present situation and sharing ideas about future of arbing. You would understand me better if you were arbing for long time.

First of all, It gets harder because you're running out of resources. We don't have unlimited resources. What you will do when all your accounts (not just yours, all your other accounts, I think you understand what I mean) are  limited in every bookie in planet?

Please ignore my message if you have a softbookie that doesn't limit you and welcomes you forever, lol.
JamesM wrote: I have been arbing for a considerable period of time. Whilst it is still possible to make a very respectable income from arbing, things are really getting hard now. Books limit players even if they don't arb. What chance do we have?
I plan to continue until the World Cup. After that, I will be ending my arbing career.
You're right. Things are really getting harder (but not impossible!) now. I have to be realistic. Months when I make 30k+ are gone. Nowadays, I can barely make 20-25. And I know these numbers will drop below 20k in a near future. So what we can do in order to keep our profits constant? We must find new books maybe? But sooner or later, you may come to a point (Like Arbusers Admin mentioned it in thread, I suggest you to read it cause it's a good read) where arbing is not "very" profitable anymore. At that point, considering retirement can be a good option specially when we consider you gathered a nice wealth. Personally, I think I may be forced to slow down my operations after 2014 World Cup&Wimbledon and probably consider retirement after 2015 Wimbledon, right after winning my first million, I hope.
Porthugz wrote: I read somewhere that live arbing is the future, what's your opinion on that?
Live arbing is great! There's a risk involved, yes but you can place much bigger stakes when betting live and you can enjoy much more bigger arbs such as %5-10, even %15. So it's worth the risk! However, I have some sad news. Books are not stupid. Soon, they will limit live arbers too. 'Til that time, you better enjoy this opportunity. Some books limit you to 3€ but you can place 2000€ (or even 3000€ depending on odds) in live betting.

This thread is not about whining, I just wanted to share some unpleasent news happened recently and forced me to think about future. We must be realistic. You may be making nice money now but don't think that you will be able to make these profits forever. We don't have unlimited resources. Therefore, always have a PLAN-B on your mind. Don't act like a millionnaire even if you're winning too much, who knows you will win like this next year? Gotta be careful. Future is too unpredictable sometimes..
Last edited by Yngwie on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrno
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:54 pm

Yngwie/Sawyer is right,  i know one and use for live betting.
Tocko
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:59 pm

Yngwie/Sawyer wrote:

You're right. Things are really getting harder (but not impossible!) now. I have to be realistic. Months when I make 30k+ are gone. Nowadays, I can barely make 20-25. And I know these numbers will drop below 20k in a near future.
i really like your posts..... i wish i could earn 1/2 of your profit or even 1/6 ....maybe  when  bank grow up....
atilla9
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Great topic and great news.
Some of you are retiring. More space for me.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”