Best beginners tactics...

Ask anything about smart gambling
homicidehank
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Best beginners tactics...

Tue May 24, 2011 11:39 pm

Hi,
I recently started arbing and have really only used around 6 books so far. Obviously pinnacle and betfair are the most commonly used (every bet features one of them). As I am a complete beginner I am after a bit of advice before I begin to step up the pace a bit.

I began using bets of around £100 per arb so split between two books as I am currently choosing only two-outcome bets until I get faster. Anyway, using this method I thought I might go undetected for some time which would allow me to get the feel of things and also the time to build a bigger bankroll for when I am confident enough to move up a rung. Unfortunately my first six bets with pinnacle all lost and the other side all won at a soft bookmaker who limited my account. Now I have the option of a few different id's to use so I am not bothered too much right now.

My question now is what would be the right betting tactic to use with all the other books who are likely to limit players? Do I go for as big a bet as they will take and make as much as I can as fast as I can or do I continue with the low stakes, small profit, try and stay under the radar approach? Do I exhaust one bookie and then move to another or do I work them all together? I am asking all you experienced arbers how would you tackle the situation given what you know now if you had a completely brand new id?
Getting limited by the first bookie just makes me want to hit that same bookie as hard as possible with 5 id's all at once! B***ards! Thanks for your time
Aegist

Re: Best beginners tactics...

Wed May 25, 2011 6:53 am

I have two thoughts on this topic. Firstly, soft books limit you because you are an arb trader - this is given away by the odds you bet on, not how much you bet on them. So the 'under the radar' trick doesn't really work. Secondly, I think that to actually be under the radar, you need to be betting about £5, not 100. 100 isn't a small bet for regular punters.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed May 25, 2011 12:39 pm

I would b*ng hard every soft bookmaker, with the highest possible bet, as more bet as i can.
to
toshev

Fri May 27, 2011 1:24 pm

I have been doing some arbing also for the last weeks.

I have bankroll of 2k and my tips as beginner for you is

Do not use Betsafe or Getwin . I know they give good odds but if you dont want to lose good money avoid them.
Try to avoid Bet3000 because most of the arbs you see with them require for you to bet multiple bets .

At start I put some money in betsafe but as soon as they see a potential ARB they limit it and dont accept the bets or they put it in waiting period and usually it will be accepted on much lower coeficients.
For example getwin also has very low limit on non big leagues..
homicidehank
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri May 27, 2011 10:39 pm

Thank you for that advice Toshev, every bit of advice right now is much appreciated especially advice where bookies limits are concerned.

Return to “Newbie's questions”