Bankroll distribuition

Ask anything about smart gambling
Lexluthor
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Bankroll distribuition

Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Hi guys!

I am new in arbitrage and i learning a lot on this forum.

I have US$ 30k bankroll to put on surebet and work full time. I am using the rebelbetting.

I'd like to receive recommendation about the distribution % of my bankroll between sharps/soft bookmaker and e-wallet and other questions:
1. Betfair, Smarket and/or Betdaq?
2. Sharps?
3. Softs?
4. What is the maximum % of the bankroll is safe to put in only one arb? (assuming no limit on the bookmaker)
5. After your bet is placed. How do you track if the book have avoided it?

Thanks
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Bankroll distribuition

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:22 pm

Keep 40% of your money in BF pinn and the asians. 30% to softbooks. 30% as a reserve ready to fire in e-wallets.
Cant answer the 4th question, it depends on the bookmaker.
Dont understand the 5th.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:42 am

Lexluthor wrote: 5. After your bet is placed. How do you track if the book have avoided it?
Some books will send an email when they void bets (i.e. 5Dimes). Some books will change the odds instead of cancelling the bet and send an email (Bet365). Otherwise you should manually check in the bet history in the bookmaker.

Edit: There´s no need to worry too much about voided bets, or you will be constantly checking bets  :). Only do it if you placed more stake than normally and the odds where suspicious (much higher than other books). If you use a software (or a excel) to track your bets, you can find out if a bet was voided if the balance at the book is higher than the balance shown by your software (balance is usually on the main page, so no need to go a history report). If balance is larger on the book, you should then check the bet history and see if it was a voided bet or you have won any bet.
Last edited by ppintaluba on Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
Lexluthor
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:55 am

Thank you guys.

About the Q4: let's assuming there is no limit in 2 specific bookmaker. Then you could arb your entire bankroll in just one event. Of course, isn't safe put all money in one arb. What should be a maximum "safe size bet" in this case: 2%...3% of the bankroll of US$ 30k?
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:55 am

Lexluthor wrote: Thank you guys.

About the Q4: let's assuming there is no limit in 2 specific bookmaker. Then you could arb your entire bankroll in just one event. Of course, isn't safe put all money in one arb. What should be a maximum "safe size bet" in this case: 2%...3% of the bankroll of US$ 30k?
Assuming there's no limit in 2 specific bookmakers? It's like assuming there's no law of gravity :D
Don't worry, booke limits will guide you. You won't be able to risk your whole 30k in a single arb.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:40 pm

Avoid maximum limit bets, bet like 70% of max stake, if you are comfortable with the amount, till you get experience and find your own style.
ranrom
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:15 pm

[quote="Lexluthor"]
5. After your bet is placed. How do you track if the book have avoided it?

I usually worry and check back the bets if the odd from the soft bookie generates an arb > 5%. But I generally do not place such bets as they might even be void after the result settlement leaving you with an unmatched arb. The arbs >5% that will stand are few and generally not the ones you can find in alert services but usually on future markets.

Return to “Newbie's questions”