The article is here: http://goo.gl/nKa90Q

Please feel free to comment.
cristi13
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: 888sport to beat Pinnacle lines?

Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:42 pm

What kind of stakes were used?
For such a small % the sample is not large enough.
SurebetMonitor
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:52 pm

The model is close to flat-staking with the stake around 50/bet at 888 and 20/bet at Unibet.

By the way - updates will follow, as the number of bets grow.
X_Gambler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:00 pm

For my understanding ..
Does kambi offer different odds to 888 and unibet for the exact same betoffer? Or is there only a difference in the provided events/betoffers?
I personally never encountered the first one though..
sportoboy
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:36 pm

888sport and unibet share the exact same in-play odds, so I think the whole experiment is invalid and the conclusions totally wrong
sportoboy
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:04 pm

How would they be better when they offer the exact same odds?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:15 pm

Indeed a very interesting article with good observations.
Now my question is this. Ok, we found a way to win more money in Unibet than Pinnacle. How do we cash out this observation? Unibet will limit us again and again and again. It should be the other way around.
cristi13
To become a Pro

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Arbusers wrote: Indeed a very interesting article with good observations.
Now my question is this. Ok, we found a way to win more money in Unibet than Pinnacle. How do we cash out this observation? Unibet will limit us again and again and again. It should be the other way around.
I thought the point of this observation is that there is value in Pinnacle's lines, therefore we could use 888 only as an indicator and value bet the Pinnacle side. I doubt the info is accurate, though.
SurebetMonitor
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:44 pm

Diakon wrote:
sportoboy wrote: 888sport and unibet share the exact same in-play odds, so I think the whole experiment is invalid and the conclusions totally wrong
888 have only main leagues  or better unibet have more events i would say, but you are right with  same odds...it should be that 888 is better on main leagues , or ?
Exactly, currently Unibet offers 129 livebetting lines, whereas 888sport just 39, which is even more interesting as it seems that both of the softs somehow can beat Pinnacle "big lines" on big events live. Of course when you take into account minor leagues, present only in Unibet Pinnacle regains some shape with the higher margin.
SurebetMonitor
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:46 am

Actually it looks like, which is unexpected (so far, based on the data we gathered up to date) one wins more at Pinnacle and loses at 888sport, which would be good news for all of us.
yo
yorkjoss

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:03 am

SurebetMonitor wrote:
Actually it looks like, which is unexpected (so far, based on the data we gathered up to date) one wins more at Pinnacle and loses at 888sport, which would be good news for all of us.
you are making something out of nothing here, all this is is a statistical anomaly, unibet/888 are on a par with their live odds
with bwin but limit you even more quickly, their odds are frequently out of line, I experimented with bwin by value betting
on out of line live odds @ £50 stakes and lost £600, in a small sample that can easily happen, all your data proves to me is that for true accurate results the sample has to be massive, far bigger than the one you performed.
Last edited by yorkjoss on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SurebetMonitor
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:18 am

As I say, update will follow, to me it is already interesting that out of many thousands of different bets expected like -3,-4% is actually +3,15, giving like 6-7% difference.
qbet
To become a Pro

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:25 am

Actually, adding the two sample together we are about break even at 7000 bets. It's interesting but it's still very inconclusive. We would need a much bigger sample to run close to our expected yield with high probability. It's more of a demonstration of how much variance there is in sports betting.
Pre-match the sharp books do not generally need a very accurate model. The sharp players provide the information through their bets. In-play however their job is harder as they constantly need to adjust their odds as a game progresses. So there is merit to the theory that lines may not be as accurate.
SurebetMonitor
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:36 am

Time will tell, there are not like millions of such arbs every day. I was surprised though seeing results like these so wanted to share them and discuss. Take marathonbet previously, take bwin brands or so, never seen such a phenomena (like breaking even, not speaking of +% - meaning bwin's or marathonbet lines suck against Pinnys, yeah right - pre-match). Still my intuition is it should return to normality that we all expect in time, even for live offer.
Last edited by SurebetMonitor on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:06 am

Its been a lot of time. Now i think you would have an accurate enough sample. How is this experiment going ?

Return to “Bookies discussion”