The World Cup Contest

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The World Cup Contest  (Read 13386 times)
ppintaluba
Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

The World Cup Contest
« on: May 15, 2014, 08:40:13 PM »

Hello arbusers community.

I am Pablo Pintaluba from Smart Bet Tracker, the web application to track bets and surebets (http://sbt.smartbettracker.com)
We have been working and finally launched the World Cup Contest (if you visited Smart Bet Tracker in the last few days you may have seen the banner).

Let me tell you the basics:

• You must subscribe to the contest
  • You must pay a small "buy-in" (USD 50). Almost the whole buy-in will go to the prize pot. 10% will be used to cover costs and hopefully a small profit  :)
  • You must place your predictions (final score) for all matches in the world cup
  • You will earn credits based on each match result and your predictions.
  • Subscribers will be ranked based on their credits
  • Best ranked subscribers will win the pot. Prizes and number of winners will depend on the number of participants.

The web application will manage everything automatically. 

To learn more and to participate, visit  http://www.theworldcupcontest.com
In particular, check the rules and the help page where everything is explained.

We pretend this contest to be fun. That's the main motivation. We like betting and we like developing software. We have build a nice web application with information about the world cup, groups and teams, cities and venues, the match calendar, etc.

But we also expect the prize to be significantly greater than the "buy-in". In example, with just 32 participants, the winner will get more than 10 times the subscription cost, and 10 people will have prizes (descending value, always more than the "buy-in"). But let's hope we reach hundreds of participants to increase the pot and award great prizes. Right now the pot is USD 675, but many people (who did not yet subscribed) have already confirmed their participation.

And last but not least, if two participants have the same number of credits the one who confirmed its subscription earlier will be better ranked than the other. So why don't you subscribe right now?  :D

http://www.theworldcupcontest.com

PROMOTION 2x1
If you subscribe to the World Cup Contest, we will give you a subscription to Smart Bet Tracker for free, for an equivalent price.
if you subscribe to Smart Bet Tracker for any plan equal or greater to USD 50, you will get a subscription to the World Cup Contest for free.

Transparency is a key feature
Everybody can see at any time the number of users who have paid the buy in, and the total prize. This information is available even for non subscribers
Everybody can see at any time the list of all users who have paid the buy in, the current ranking and the prize for each participant. This information is available even for non subscribers. No personal information is displayed. Just the username and country. Information regarding this contest includes the paid buy in, position, credits awarded, current prize, and the date the participant confirmed his subscription.
Predictions are private. Only you can see your predictions while predictions for a match are still available. This means nobody can copy your predictions.
Predictions are public once a match does not allow more predictions. All participants can check predictions of other participants. This is only allowed for each match where prediction period has ended. This means every participant can check all predictions and control that rankings are accurate.

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
wibble wobble

View Profile

wibble wobble

Re: The World Cup Contest
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:09:21 PM »

sounds good, am in will have a look soon

i am arbitrage
ppintaluba
Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 09:13:22 PM »

sounds good, am in will have a look soon

Thanks wibble wobble. You can register without paying ( but the prize will not increase until you do it  :) )

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
fnatic91
Probably a Pro

View Profile

fnatic91

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 01:41:33 PM »

I would be interested in this contest , but when i read this "After all these steps you will be able to place bets (predict the correct score) on all Fifa World Cup 2014 matches. " , i gave up.

So , you want the correct score on all matches ? If somebody can do  that , no need to go on with arbing.I think that a contest like that contest which was made by Arbusers in last September would be fair.
ppintaluba
Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 02:03:03 PM »

That's not the idea  :)
The prize will always go to participants.
You win a certain number of credits depending on your predictions and actual final results, but there's no need to guess the exact scores. That would be impossible. You can earn 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 credits, depending on how close you were (exact score, exact difference, etc)
Please take 3 minutes to read the rules page. It's not long but I think it's detailed and clear.
If it's not let's use this thread to clear all doubts.
Regards

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
fnatic91
Probably a Pro

View Profile

fnatic91

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 02:23:41 PM »

I already had read the way how credits are awarded.Guessing the correct score does not seem serious (at least to me).
ppintaluba
Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 04:35:26 PM »

OK. You copied and pasted a phrase that was before the explanation about credits and you said "but when i read this .......... , i gave up".
So I assumed you didn't read the rest.

It's not necessary to guess the correct score of any match. You should predict what you think the scores will be. Some people could be lucky and guess some correct scores, but in 64 matches luck should not be the deciding factor.

Anyway, its just USD 50 and the chance to win 500, 1000, 2000, maybe more, maybe a lot more. I think we'll reach these figures. It's not only for arbusers participants. Right now there are more than 20 subscribers and just a few came from here.

http://www.theworldcupcontest.com/

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
ppintaluba
Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 08:14:50 PM »

I'm glad to tell that the World Cup Contest prize has reached USD 855. 4 new participants paid the buy-in this weekend.
Book your place!

PS: any suggestion about the site is very welcome.

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
ppintaluba
Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 03:56:07 AM »

Some new confirmed subscribers today (confirmed means they have paid the buy in).
The prize is now USD 945. Slow but steady.... Tomorrow we should reach our first milestone: More than USD 1,000 in the prize. Let's see...

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
ppintaluba
Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 03:50:35 PM »

And YES.
The prize surpassed the 1000 barrier. Let's go for more!
Any doubt or concern about the contest just ask here.
Good luck to all.

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
cristi13
Probably a Pro

View Profile

cristi13

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 04:51:24 PM »

What's the deadline for the matches? I'm thinking of entering the score shortly before the match, for a better picture.
ppintaluba
Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 05:11:01 PM »

You can enter scores until 3 hours before each match. You can place all your predictions now and change them before each match if you change your mind (based on previous matches, red cards, injuries, etc).

The 3 hours margin is because we want to be as transparent as possible. Your predictions are private. No one can copy what you bet. But after the 3 hour limit predictions will become public and nobody will be able to change them. This allows everybody to control his credits and other users credits, preventing any kind of fraud.

The contest is absolutely honest, but we want to give the tools so that you can control if you want. There's no way we make up a new participant, change bets or make a winner without being noticed.
Any suggestion you have to make this more transparent just tell me.

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
ppintaluba
Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 11:17:15 PM »

What's the deadline for the matches? I'm thinking of entering the score shortly before the match, for a better picture.

This morning Luis Suárez underwent knee surgery, totally unexpected until yesterday. This is the kind of news that can make you change your forecasts. In Uruguay we are devastated  :), but he might still play the World Cup.

Regarding the contest, current prize is  USD 1,125.

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
ppintaluba
Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 07:48:42 PM »

The prize is now USD 1,215. Growing steady but slowly.
Come on arbers! :) Two final weeks!
join here: http://www.theworldcupcontest.com
And don't forget to claim the 2x1 Smart Bet Tracker combo.

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
ppintaluba
Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2014, 02:59:41 AM »

The prize reached USD 1,400 and we expect at least 5 to 8 new participants to confirm really soon.
We have participants from Brazil, Uruguay, Spain, USA, Germany, Romania, Turkey and Qatar.
Last week to join! (*)

(*) You can join at any time, but you can only predict scores for future matches. Entering after the start of the World Cup will be a disadvantage.

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
Pages: [1] 2
Print