RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Arbing what next?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
raizzak
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Arbing what next?

Sun May 18, 2014 4:44 am

I see that forum as a great source of information sharing. Last few days in my mind started to develop the question, ok you are a successfull arber what is the next step. Let me explain, if you are a successfull arber then you are smart person that  really developed the skill to understand how the market works, you are a person that can overcome problems etc. But you are still a fish that you can easily beaten by the sharks at any time, the point is what is the next step from a successfull fish to became a shark. What should be the direction to open you mind at new opportunities. Stocks? Bonds? forex? Trading? What do you think?
Don't speak for something you have no clue.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Arbing what next?

Sun May 18, 2014 5:41 am

raizzak wrote: Stocks? Bonds? forex? Trading?
Even though arbing is a proof that you do understand some things better than others, these markets are a completely diferent world. Being a good arber, doesnt guarantee that you will be good at these markets too.
Being a good arber, means at least that you do understand the importance of tight odds.
The next possible step is a combination of arbing and side profiting. Basicaly this is what the vast majority of arbusers members do. Of course there is still people doing the traditional bonus hunting, but this is a minority now. Some of these people are also doing side profiting to maximize their gains.
As I see it, the most secure way to go, is to accumulate a significant amount of money first. (the word significant takes diferent interpretations according to where you live and what you want to do in life)
Then invest part of it in the stock markets when you spot downturns and botoms. (Long horizon is needed here)
In the end, when you find your self in a more mature stage, get a good place to live when again prices are near a bottom. Thank God, the cycles of the real estate doesnt go together with the stock markets, so you can take adantage of it.
When you are in this path, you must not forget to take as more pleasures in life as you can, cause life is indeed short. Also, it is up to you to secure a good education for your children and above all, pass them a mentality that schools dont teach.
raizzak
Totally Pro

Sun May 18, 2014 6:29 am

Arbing is something that comes completely out of the blue at most of the ppl (atleast that is what i believe) someone told you about and you said hmm that's a good opportunity, but you know nothing about it and you start to educate yourself that makes you better as well the experience. The examples i said are just examples nothing guarantees that if you are successfull at something you will be successfull also at something else, the point is you will not arb for the rest of your life and also if you missed the golden ages you also missed the chance to already have a fortune (which is definitely the case for 2006-2012 arbers). I'm not that optimistic for viability arbing for my point of view for much longer. I guess you get my point.
arbusers
Administrator

Sun May 18, 2014 8:20 am

raizzak wrote: which is definitely the case for 2006-2012 arbers
I need to make a correction here. The golden age of arbing was 2001-2007.
raizzak wrote: Arbing is something that comes completely out of the blue at most of the ppl (atleast that is what i believe)
Well, I dont quite believe this. Some people had a very primordial idea to exploit the betting world and then ''what ifs'' come to their minds. These ''what ifs'' made them arbers. And also, as you very much correct said, there are people that heard something from others.
Due to the way that i live, i had the chance to explain to a number of people what arbing is and how you can make money out of it. Even though these people are highly qualified for many things, the vast majority of them rejected my ideas and prefered to work for salaries not worthing their times and skills. I would understand their decision if there was a bigger plan backing their choices, but unfortunately there wasn't any. So, the '' a friend told me'' is not valid for the majority of people who are making money from gambling.
arbusers
Administrator

Sun May 18, 2014 8:24 am

I wanted to say something more about this arbing thing. One must not be fully concentrated in arbing, because there are many ways to make money from gambling. In general the simplest the idea is, the better it is.
Let me give you an unbelievable example. Suppose that someone is lucky since the day he was born. If you can prove statistically that this guy is indeed lucky in the long run, then you better follow what he does. It doesnt matter if he can analyze things. What really matters is that he is a winner.
raizzak
Totally Pro

Sun May 18, 2014 8:53 am

Arbusers wrote: Well, I dont quite believe this. Some people had a very primordial idea to exploit the betting world and then ''what ifs'' come to their minds. These ''what ifs'' made them arbers. And also, as you very much correct said, there are people that heard something from others.

Well we are not talking about the "fathers" of arbing the vastly majority heard about because someone told them, not you not me not x but the internet
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun May 18, 2014 2:12 pm

Arbing..What's next step?

Arbing of course..

You may be still arbing even after you're retired. You will always find a way to arb, lol. Money is sweet. Arbing feels like an obsession. It's an addiction.

You can buy houses/offices and rent them with wealth you accumulated by arbing. You can run a cafe/bar/restaurant. Options are endless, it's up to you. Good luck..
Last edited by Yngwie on Sun May 18, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phoenix7
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:04 pm

what's your oppinions about the arbitrage guides that many sites selling? are they reliable? should i try them?
Rufus
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Do not buy any guides. You can find guides for beginners with basic information for free (for example sportsarbitrageguide.com or surebetmonitor blog). And you wont find info above that level in paid ones anyway. Such info can be found here and learned by yourself.
Sonny
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Well, I think the next thing is cryptos..
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:59 pm

Well , if you was/are a succesfull arber it's more than likely that you will find yourself the answer to your question ;)
In my mind more difficult than making money is to find a way to use the money you made to make you happier ;)
arbusers
Administrator

Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:50 pm

Thank you both for bringing up this thread from the past. It is always interesting and funny having a look in retrospect.
I believe the answer is clear. After arbing, a lot of smart bettors moved to Value Betting. Value Betting remains the dominant type of smart betting these days. Indeed a lot of people moved to cryptos, but only some of them left smart betting for cryptos. I would say these 2 are going together in parallels. It is a mistake leaving any source of profit, unless the time invested is not paid accordingly.
dealer wins
Totally Pro

Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:30 pm

Im feeling defeat.

Im 54 yrs old, seen the world and enjoyed thing Greta Thuncunt would baulk at,

Ive come to the conclusion we are under attack by globalists, who want to rob us of our freedoms, liberty, assets, property, and have used covid (Which they have released) to fuck the world over.

IMO this shit is going to get worse and worse. 

Im 52  if this is it so be it, but for those who care fight this shit, I will fight with you
Never trust a goose!!!
vinciguerra
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:06 pm

dealer wins wrote: Im feeling defeat.

Im 54 yrs old, seen the world and enjoyed thing Greta Thuncunt would baulk at,

Ive come to the conclusion we are under attack by globalists, who want to rob us of our freedoms, liberty, assets, property, and have used covid (Which they have released) to fuck the world over.

IMO this shit is going to get worse and worse. 

Im 52  if this is it so be it, but for those who care fight this shit, I will fight with you
sounds like you're having a midlife crisis to be honest. good luck man, find some help perhaps. nothing wrong with that.
cem
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:30 pm

dealer wins wrote:
Ive come to the conclusion we are under attack by globalists, who want to rob us of our freedoms, liberty, assets, property, and have used covid (Which they have released) to fuck the world over. - IMO this shit is going to get worse and worse. 
sounds like you are calling  a spade a spade.. Our living in prison Earth, started a year ago.

I apologize to my inmates, if i was off-topic.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”