Arb Challenge

Ask anything about smart gambling
krieg
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Arb Challenge

Fri May 30, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm a neewbie to arbitrage but not to betting and trading, and since i start reading more about arbitrage i came with this idea/challenge and want your opinion if possible and what the pros and cons.

The challenge is to start with a bank of 100€ and place arbs with a +/- 5% profit, always reinvest the earnings and placing a arb per day to achieve a bank of 10.000€ within 5 moths (150 days)

The process: place 100€ in e-wallet -> spot a good margin arb (+/-5%) -> confirm the odds -> deposit in the bookie and place bet -> in the end of the day withdrawal to e-wallet. Day after repeat the process.

So what you guys think? Simple insane or perhaps possible? :)
anormal1992
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Arb Challenge

Fri May 30, 2014 1:02 pm

krieg wrote: Hi Guys,
I'm a neewbie to arbitrage but not to betting and trading, and since i start reading more about arbitrage i came with this idea/challenge and want your opinion if possible and what the pros and cons.

The challenge is to start with a bank of 100€ and place arbs with a +/- 5% profit, always reinvest the earnings and placing a arb per day to achieve a bank of 10.000€ within 5 moths (150 days)

The process: place 100€ in e-wallet -> spot a good margin arb (+/-5%) -> confirm the odds -> deposit in the bookie and place bet -> in the end of the day withdrawal to e-wallet. Day after repeat the process.

So what you guys think? Simple insane or perhaps possible? :)
Loseing time IMO!
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri May 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Have you ever placed and arb?
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
Rufus
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri May 30, 2014 4:09 pm

That is the worst arbing strategy I can imagine.
krieg
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri May 30, 2014 7:19 pm

ppintaluba wrote: Have you ever placed and arb?
No, i'm a trader and use Betfair as exchange bookie, that's why a post my idea to get your experience in these area.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri May 30, 2014 7:50 pm

krieg wrote:
ppintaluba wrote: Have you ever placed and arb?
No, i'm a trader and use Betfair as exchange bookie, that's why a post my idea to get your experience in these area.
That's what I thought. You need at least two bookies to place arbs (two transfers, not one), arbs don't last long (making transfers from wallets to bookies is a waste of time), you cannot stake what you want (you are limited), there are withdrawal costs, withdrawal times. Lots of reasons why this doesn't work (or at least is not the best approach).
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
krieg
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri May 30, 2014 7:56 pm

So you´re saying that you put the money in at least two bookies and wait till a arb appears using those bookies?
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri May 30, 2014 8:09 pm

krieg wrote: So you´re saying that you put the money in at least two bookies and wait till a arb appears using those bookies?
You can chose your strategy, but in general everybody has money on many bookies (2, 3, 4, 5, 10, whatever) and some more on a wallet. You wait for arbs on these bookies. You need to read a lot. Besides arbusers, there are arbitrage guides from zero.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com

Return to “Newbie's questions”