Possible way to avoid withdrawing at bookies

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Arbmachine
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Possible way to avoid withdrawing at bookies

Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi I had an idea.
We all agree that withdrawing at bookies can be slow and painful.
If you want to withdraw your gains at bookies, the ideal is to back and lay between bookie and betfair and lose with the bookie.
However, this can sometimes backfire and you win at the bookie.
Instead, what if we do live trading on football for example, and wait till the end of the match when one team has already scored, and then back the losing team at the bookie and the winning team at betfair/pinnacle.
This should increase probability of losing at bookie and winning at betfair.
Do you guys think this could work well?
anormal1992
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Possible way to avoid withdrawing at bookies

Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:33 pm

Arbmachine wrote: Hi I had an idea.
If you want to withdraw your gains at bookies, the ideal is to back and lay between bookie and betfair and lose with the bookie.
Instead, what if we do live trading on football for example, and wait till the end of the match when one team has already scored, and then back the losing team at the bookie and the winning team at betfair/pinnacle.
its not that easy as you should have an arb to try that otherwise you will lose money...
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Arbmachine wrote: Hi I had an idea.
You are talking about betting on very high odds on Bookie and very low odds on betfair. Besides the need to find an arb (or very small negative arb), you will need much more money on betfair to cover your bet on Pinnacle, and if something goes wrong you will end with a lot more money than you pretended to withdraw on Pinnacle.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
cristi13
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:39 am

Terrible idea, transferring money from soft to sharp means winning at sharp. Winning at sharp means you don't need soft books because you've found a way of winning on an unlimited account.
Arbmachine
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Yes its true that the process would probably involve a small loss and that I would have to use large amount of money at the sharp book.

However, it would not mean that I have found a way to win consistently at the sharp book, because I would wait until the end of the game when the outcome appears most certain. This is why I would need to have lots of money at the sharp book, because the odds would be very different.

Maybe it is just more trouble than it is worth and I should deal with the bookie withdraw times.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:21 am

Arbmachine wrote: Yes its true that the process would probably involve a small loss and that I would have to use large amount of money at the sharp book.

However, it would not mean that I have found a way to win consistently at the sharp book, because I would wait until the end of the game when the outcome appears most certain. This is why I would need to have lots of money at the sharp book, because the odds would be very different.

Maybe it is just more trouble than it is worth and I should deal with the bookie withdraw times.
Shit happens you know, and when it happens with odds like 1.10 at soft and 10.00 at sharp you are not gonna like it...

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”