Sports arbitrage risks and tips

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sports arbitrage risks and tips  (Read 1346 times)
SurebetMonitor

View Profile

SurebetMonitor

Sports arbitrage risks and tips
« on: July 23, 2014, 08:07:33 AM »

This article summarizes most risks connected with sports arbitrage.

http://goo.gl/QG3CTl

You are free to comment here and add your suggestions.

Surebet Monitor - Free arbitrage alert software
http://www.surebetmonitor.com
whitesnake
Getting better

View Profile

whitesnake

Re: Sports arbitrage risks and tips
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 09:43:33 AM »

You could add another user error: betting first in sharp bookmaker and then when placing the bet at soft they limit your stake and you cannot cover the entire arb.

I also think it would have been useful to inform the beginners that alert services also display inaccurate information which is something they should not assume it does not happen.
cortomaltese
Probably a Pro

View Profile

cortomaltese

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 11:32:26 AM »

Another risk that i must say have been a pain many times for me , is to place firstly an under bet and in the next few seconds -before to be able to cover your bet- to be a goal!
You would say ... ok how many times could this happen it's just a few seconds , well it happened a lot of times to me on the other hand i am not very famous for my good luck  >:(
Doing the opposite first place over bet seems safer but let me tell you the obvious in the few seconds you need to place the under bet odds will already drop and 9 to 10 times will not even be an arb anymore...
raizzak
Pro

View Profile

raizzak

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 11:53:09 AM »

Another risk that i must say have been a pain many times for me , is to place firstly an under bet and in the next few seconds -before to be able to cover your bet- to be a goal!
You would say ... ok how many times could this happen it's just a few seconds , well it happened a lot of times to me on the other hand i am not very famous for my good luck  >:(
Doing the opposite first place over bet seems safer but let me tell you the obvious in the few seconds you need to place the under bet odds will already drop and 9 to 10 times will not even be an arb anymore...

Be honest with yourself you a lot more + than - with it can blow your profits at the day but at the end of the month you will much more +. The real risk is when the amount you loose is significant at your total capital then yes that a real risk  even at arming some sort of risk management is required

Don't speak for something you have no clue.
cortomaltese
Probably a Pro

View Profile

cortomaltese

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 01:20:06 PM »

Well , probably you are right but when it comes to me even one negative day can really blow my selfdiscipline and lead to stupid mistakes in order to recover that loss , which most of the times lead to even more losses etc
I am working on that  selfdiscipline thing though
Pages: [1]
Print