RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

new point of consumption tax in the uk

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
wibble wobble
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: new point of consumption tax in the uk

Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:07 pm

haha ok, like you said worst case scenario we shall just have to see how bad its going to get here
i am arbitrage
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:12 am

MaxShalamar wrote:
I'm so thick I sold my business and retired at 50 :)
Who are you kidding, you are not retired... I bet you are gonna arb all day today like the rest of us :D
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:07 pm

ArbAttack wrote: SBO withdrew from the UK market yesterday  >:(
Asian Connect is having a party  :D
yo
yorkjoss

Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Yngwie/Sawyer wrote:
ArbAttack wrote: SBO withdrew from the UK market yesterday  >:(
Asian Connect is having a party  :D
problem is for UK arbers affected by this, I'm sure many are like me and only use £, bit difficult to bet
in sbobet in £ when they don't accept uk customers, if they still take £ after they leave UK then that's a sure sign
you are from the UK if your still placing wagers with them in £'s, please no one suggest convert to euros,
that's not feasible all my uk accounts are and always will be £'s, even with agents it still seems that
we will not be able to use them, they're only any good to UK arbers if we can continue to bet in £'s,
I'm not interested in arbing in 2 different currencies, who is?
vinciguerra
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:28 pm

yorkjoss wrote: I'm not interested in arbing in 2 different currencies, who is?
why not?  if that's the only sacrifice you have to make, sounds like a tiny one to me.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:28 am

Then convert all action to Euros, and not some of the accounts.
You will pay only twice for the conversion, once when you make it euros and last when you decide to retire and get the money in the bank. Fluctuation between euro and GBP is very milde, not comparable to this between USD and GBP.
yo
yorkjoss

Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:58 am

Arbusers wrote:
Then convert all action to Euros, and not some of the accounts.
You will pay only twice for the conversion, once when you make it euros and last when you decide to retire and get the money in the bank. Fluctuation between euro and GBP is very milde, not comparable to this between USD and GBP.
arbusers, a uk arber has many uk books, these can only be in one currency, no argument, they must be in £,
not possible to be a uk citizen in uk books and select euros as your currency, that's not feasible, when you are doing
arbs that are on average 0.5% to use two different currencies doesn't make much sense, I have emailed and asked
around and came to the conclusion that UK arbers like will have to say goodbye to sbobet, 12bet and any other who now
decide to leave, it's been a great run at arbing and I will continue, this is a big setback and my email reply from pinnaclesports
suggests things are going to get worse but as I said I've had a great run so can't complain at the same time to lose these
excellent books is a big blow.
arbusers
Administrator

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:02 am

I didnt know that UK citzens are not allowed to have accounts in other currencies. maybe it is because I m not a UK citizen.
There are solutions for SBO, pinn etc that I m sure you are aware of, but the saying goodbye to softbooks might be a severe damage difficult (but not impossible) to heal.
yo
yorkjoss

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:09 am

Arbusers wrote: I didnt know that UK citzens are not allowed to have accounts in other currencies. maybe it is because I m not a UK citizen.
There are solutions for SBO, pinn etc that I m sure you are aware of, but the saying goodbye to softbooks might be a severe damage difficult (but not impossible) to heal.
we probably could have them in euros but would be very strange, why would a uk citizen place bets in "soft books" in euros, when he banks in £'s and is using a foreign currency to make bets, don't think those account would have much life? as for agents sbobet is in euros not pounds, they don't accept accounts in £'s, any book who leaves the uk will be out of reach for ever for uk arbers, unless they relocate or convert totally, banking and bookmakers to euros and use an agent and a vpn,
both those options are for the very few, UK is the number one country in the world for arbing, probably about half of arbusers
are from uk, this is a big issue which affects many arbers, arbing is about to change for many!
Last edited by yorkjoss on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:18 am

yorkjoss wrote: probably about half of arbusers
are from uk
I might air some stats about this in the future.
wibble wobble
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:29 am

yorkjoss what did pinnacle tell you?
i am arbitrage
vinciguerra
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:35 am

yorkjoss wrote: when you are doing
arbs that are on average 0.5% to use two different currencies doesn't make much sense,
huh.. why not?
yo
yorkjoss

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:48 am

wibble wobble wrote: yorkjoss what did pinnacle tell you?
wibble wobble, my reply from pinnaclesports was negative, they didn't say they were pulling out and they didn't
say they were staying but assured me my funds were safe either way (of course) from what I can make out so far
this tax is hurting the sharps more, bookmakers like winner, titanbet appear to be staying, remains to be seen what the
likes of bwin, bet-at-home etc decide, I have contacted the agents, with them it must be euros, for me not an option,
sbobet gone 12bet gone, who's next? waiting for the emails to arrive from pinnacle and 188bet, sbo and 12bet invested
a lot in sponsorship in uk football and still pull out, I'm afraid this new tax is too much for them, this all started because
amazon and starbucks weren't paying their uk taxes and the press got hold of it, the government had to clamp down
on it or they'd lose votes, offshore uk bookmakers got caught in the crossfire and  uk arbers are taking the bullet.
Last edited by yorkjoss on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
wibble wobble
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:57 am

christ never seen all this coming gunna be put out the game
i am arbitrage
yo
yorkjoss

Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:02 pm

vinciguerra wrote:
yorkjoss wrote: when you are doing
arbs that are on average 0.5% to use two different currencies doesn't make much sense,
huh.. why not?
are you telling me you're a uk arber using £'s and euros?  probably not, we all have our own styles and tactics, if I was playing
sharp against sharp and using an affiliate then I could use euro for that, I don't do this, I use my time arbing to suit my style,
using euros has never been something I'd had to do, the massive majority of uk arbers will be exactly like me, I don't want
to spend all day arbing, I choose my times wisely and only work at "premium times" didn't work at all yesterday, if I was a
beginner arber trying to earn every penny then maybe I'd want to explore using euros, I'm not, as I said we all have our own styles and tactics, and I'm not criticising anyone's, I will continue to arb, maybe have to accept the best days have gone?
but I've thought this in the past and results contradict this, been another very good year, this is a blow, no doubt the biggest
in my arbing career, remains to be seen if my arbing skills can overcome this?

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”