Marathon limits

Ask anything about smart gambling
Arboman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Marathon limits

Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:43 pm

Hi,

Q1: I have had a marathonbet account for 3-4 days now and I think I have been limited :(  Sorry for the stupid question but I am not sure since I can bet hundreds on some leagues (ex premiership) yet on other bets I get a limit of 5Euro or 12Euro

Q2: Are there any sticky posts where I can learn more about trading?

Q3: Now that I am probably limited at marathon ( and most of my arbs come from there) how can I still invest my money so that I make a decent side income (min 1000$)?
ArberPro
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Marathon limits

Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:58 am

Q1:Yes you are limited.
Q2:Exprience is the best teacher but be carefull trading can bring you losses.There are some topics here about trading you should read value betting topics too it will help you on your trading journey.
Q3: Use other bookies,make friends who don't have marathon.
Arboman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:26 am

Thanks for the advice Arberpro, your response is logical and to the point
Arboman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:55 pm

It is 100% sure they will, what I am thinking about is how to stay under the radar a little longer?
- Not taking bets that are in 4-5 days time
- Only making bets that are round numbers
- Not betting too much

is there anything else I am missing?

One more question, is changing IP sufficient or can they see my serial# , processor # or something like that, and if they do can they block my funds?
ArberPro
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:44 pm

Marathon limits very fast,low chance  to stay long under the radar.
You are forgetting something search on the forum more and you will find what you need.Yes if you multi account then they can take your money.
Arboman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:47 am

Just a short update on the topic of marathon limitations, this morning when I was placing my first arb I saw that marathon have limited me to 1 EUR max stake everywhere! I mean on CL games and premiership it is also 1 EUR, and usually the limits there are higher than the rest. I think this ultimately means that I am not welcome there anymore. I am really pissed off... I was limited but could still bet 5-50 and could still make 1-2EUR per arb as if thats going to crash their business... These guys deserve a collective effort from all of us posting on every social media that we have that they are cheats because they accept only losers and are not even willing to keep micro winners going. This is corporative greed at its best! The trade mark of corporations world wide that makes me sick to my guts. From the days that I was still in the office I remember how every month something changed for the worse (bonus cuts, new rules/restrictions, more work and responsibility being added, higher and higher targets that one is certain to sooner or later miss etc) They call this process optimization or reducing waste (sixth sigma and lean theories...) This is why I left for good! Corporations that have endless trunks of money are being greedy about 1-2 EUR seriously the managers behind this belong in the gas chamber or alternatively I would make soap out of them. Sorry for the rant , just my 2c. Peace!
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:57 am

Arboman wrote: Just a short update on the topic of marathon limitations, this morning when I was placing my first arb I saw that marathon have limited me to 1 EUR max stake everywhere! I mean on CL games and premiership it is also 1 EUR, and usually the limits there are higher than the rest. I think this ultimately means that I am not welcome there anymore. I am really pissed off... I was limited but could still bet 5-50 and could still make 1-2EUR per arb as if thats going to crash their business... These guys deserve a collective effort from all of us posting on every social media that we have that they are cheats because they accept only losers and are not even willing to keep micro winners going. This is corporative greed at its best! The trade mark of corporations world wide that makes me sick to my guts. From the days that I was still in the office I remember how every month something changed for the worse (bonus cuts, new rules/restrictions, more work and responsibility being added, higher and higher targets that one is certain to sooner or later miss etc) They call this process optimization or reducing waste (sixth sigma and lean theories...) This is why I left for good! Corporations that have endless trunks of money are being greedy about 1-2 EUR seriously the managers behind this belong in the gas chamber or alternatively I would make soap out of them. Sorry for the rant , just my 2c. Peace!
Well, i can feel you rage and understand it but when you get over it you will think clearly.
I was making around 1k per month from part time arbing only with limited marathon account a couple of years back and i was happy at that time. I was angry when the 1 euro limit kicked in ( it was actually 1-3 euros back then but still unusable)
If you calculate around 1k losses per month in pinnacle i was costing them 2k per month. Why keep me?
All the books eventually kick you out completely.
Also, we as arbers, provide NO useful service in the society at all and we make loads of money.
We are just parasites sucking their bussiness' blood.

Anyway, Idont know, at least that is how i see things maybe i got the whole picture wrong.
yo
yorkjoss

Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:13 am

Thordin wrote:
Arboman wrote: Just a short update on the topic of marathon limitations, this morning when I was placing my first arb I saw that marathon have limited me to 1 EUR max stake everywhere! I mean on CL games and premiership it is also 1 EUR, and usually the limits there are higher than the rest. I think this ultimately means that I am not welcome there anymore. I am really pissed off... I was limited but could still bet 5-50 and could still make 1-2EUR per arb as if thats going to crash their business... These guys deserve a collective effort from all of us posting on every social media that we have that they are cheats because they accept only losers and are not even willing to keep micro winners going. This is corporative greed at its best! The trade mark of corporations world wide that makes me sick to my guts. From the days that I was still in the office I remember how every month something changed for the worse (bonus cuts, new rules/restrictions, more work and responsibility being added, higher and higher targets that one is certain to sooner or later miss etc) They call this process optimization or reducing waste (sixth sigma and lean theories...) This is why I left for good! Corporations that have endless trunks of money are being greedy about 1-2 EUR seriously the managers behind this belong in the gas chamber or alternatively I would make soap out of them. Sorry for the rant , just my 2c. Peace!
Well, i can feel you rage and understand it but when you get over it you will think clearly.
I was making around 1k per month from part time arbing only with limited marathon account a couple of years back and i was happy at that time. I was angry when the 1 euro limit kicked in ( it was actually 1-3 euros back then but still unusable)
If you calculate around 1k losses per month in pinnacle i was costing them 2k per month. Why keep me?
All the books eventually kick you out completely.
Also, we as arbers, provide NO useful service in the society at all and we make loads of money.
We are just parasites sucking their bussiness' blood.

Anyway, Idont know, at least that is how i see things maybe i got the whole picture wrong.
yes, we are parasites but only to bookmakers and they are way times bigger parasites than any arber could ever be,
no need to feel at all guilty from taking money off bookie scum, these guys prey on the vulnerable and the mentally ill

unfortunately I have just had about my most negative arbing week of all time with account closure after account closure,
the idiotic bookmakers are finally getting the message, for me arbing nowadays is far more difficult than it ever was.

what does an arber do when the good days have gone? what has happened with marathon is symptomatic of the
whole industry, arbing is my heroin, maybe need to stock up on mushroom soup (hope you've all seen trainspotting)
Arboman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:41 pm

Thanks for the contribution and support guys! The point about us not contributing to society is valid and undeniable. However, looking at the local economy I notice that the main business sectors ( Food chains, banks, gas stations, malls etc)  are all occupied by foreign enterprises (corporations) that have literally killed all the local competition and are offering locals ridiculous salaries in return. This is what the EU brought us. During the time where organized crime and corruption was present the number of small and medium sized companies was much larger than now and it should be the other way around. Sorry to drift so much off topic, but I am not willing to work for a hand full of rice, neither can i expect any returns as an entrepreneur so alternative ways to generate income such as arbing become more attractive. Unfortunately they are trying to shut the door on us even here....
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:07 pm

Many more doors to the '''arbing gold'' i can assure you of that.
Just smaller and not so easy to get to.
We just need to keep looking all the time :D

Return to “Newbie's questions”