BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

something has changed recently in arbing?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines

Have you noticed a drop in profits during the last 3 weekends?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 42
jandco
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

something has changed recently in arbing?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi, since almost 3 weeks I have noticed a massive drop in profits, especially on Saturdays. I use oddstorm and betburger for inplay arbs and Saturdays dont seem to be as profitable as they used to be (no arbs on UK games etc). I am not sure if it is a fault of the alert services or the odds are changing so fast.
I use willhill 365 and asians as a base + some almost useless bookies.

thanks for sharing any info
ArbTrade
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: something has changed recently in arbing?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:27 pm

Odds change alot faster. Be quick or be dead :) From my perspective i managed to make 1/3 more profit than the same months last year. The bankroll is doubled this year. You just have to hard hammer weak lines  :-X  The best tactic that works for me this days is to trash accounts completly by heavy action.
Last edited by ArbTrade on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jandco
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:16 pm

max, which service do you use? betburger?

arb, yes its a good tactic  8)

just wanted to specify that ive noticed the decrease only on saturdays and sundays. other week days are all fine and nothing has changed.
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:00 pm

The best tactic that works for me this days is to trash accounts completly by heavy action.
And how many days does your account last by this tactic ? I have done that and my account lasted only 3 days ..when i don't make heavy action , my accounts last much more , about 10 days.
Last edited by fnatic91 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:04 pm

just wanted to specify that ive noticed the decrease only on saturdays and sundays. other week days are all fine and nothing has changed.
Weekend is so busy with sports events and i think that all alert services do have problems.Arbers also might lose concentration cause too many arbs appear at the same time and you don't know which one to place.
Last edited by fnatic91 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
umbertobet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:26 pm

unless you are a beginner, what really matters are not the profit but the turnover
if in the time you can keep high turnovers, and i mean with high something like 2-3 milions each year
you will always have good profits
but the truth is that keeping high turnovers is getting more and more dififcult due to, fats adjustment of odds, better softwares and so on
i doubt theres someone that earn more than 5% of the investment in a year.....
jandco
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:30 pm

umbertobet wrote: unless you are a beginner, what really matters are not the profit but the turnover
if in the time you can keep high turnovers, and i mean with high something like 2-3 milions each year
but the truth is that keeping high turnovers is getting more and more dififcult due to, fats adjustment of odds, better softwares and so on
higher turnover = higher profits, its pretty obvious.
so if the turnover goes down - your profits decrease as well, so im not sure whats the point of your post.
Weekend is so busy with sports events and i think that all alert services do have problems.Arbers also might lose concentration cause too many arbs appear at the same time and you don't know which one to place.
thats the point. i think alerts are not capable of handling that amount of events.. i dont believe there was no arb on uk league last saturday
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:08 pm

thats the point. i think alerts are not capable of handling that amount of events.. i dont believe there was no arb on uk league last saturday
Of course that services can't handle that amount of events.I have found manually arbs a lot of times , arbs which were not shown by the service.
Back in time ,  i used to arb manually using only 2-3 bookies which give load of arbs.Now i use service and i can see that the service show less than 10% of the arbs.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:23 am

umbertobet wrote: unless you are a beginner, what really matters are not the profit but the turnover
I think you mean 5% of turnover. Turnover is not investment. We can bet 3 millions a year, with a 100.000 investment or less.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
NAS
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:34 am

I have noticed, unfortunately, a huge drop in the number of Arbs in the major leagues
I use Betonvalue
kapetan1122
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:54 am

I am wonder how long does your accounts last?
I have higher profit this months but my account last much shorter,sometimes only few bets.
I ll give example for biggest books:
Bet365-1day till 2-3 weeks you never know with them
Willhill-they let me win about 10-20k per account
Coral-few days or 1-2 week max
Betvictor-1 bet or few days
Sportingbet-1-2 weeks
ArbTrade
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:34 am

About saturdays you might be right it starts to be the shittiest day. I think there is too much arbers at once. Many odds outdated and do not exists. Even Will changes odds in seconds. Shit day indeed this saturday.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:10 am

Not noticed any drop in profits during the last 3 weekends but I noticed a dramatical decrease in number of arbs appearing in some bookies. For example, bookies which use oddsmatrix software such as Noxwin. There's a noticeable decrease in number of arbs specially live. Not to mention, they used to has odds as 1.95-2.00-2.05. For example, when 1.95 increases 1 tick, it raises to 2,00. When 2,00 increases 1 tick, it raises to 2,05. Now, I see odd numbers like 1,93-1,97. WTF?!
Last edited by Yngwie on Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:21 pm

MaxShalamar wrote: The only thing thing that concerns me at the weekend is the speed of some sites - always plenty of arbs IMO
Sure, there's plenty of arbs. There's lots of. But I noticed a decrease in number of arbs in some bookies. (not all books hopefully just few)
Weekend is always full of action :D
But you're right about speed issue. It's a real headache sometimes :/
wibble wobble
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:56 pm

remember european basketball, NBA, NHL ice hockey is all beginning and about to start soon
i am arbitrage

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”