RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Limiting player’s account.

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Limiting player’s account.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:56 am

I had a discussion with a top manager of a top UK company. Do not ask for names, I will not give them to you because I want to protect this guy. We discussed about several things related to gambling and we came to the point when bookmakers are limiting player’s accounts. You all know the entire classic stuff about limiting accounts, but I’m more than sure that you have never heard of this one:
This bookmaker’s personnel are using Google Earth and Google Street. They virtually visit the home of the player and they take a look. They make a quick estimation and judge if someone living in this home could actually deposit 2000 euros in his account. If they see a bad neighborhood and a poor home, then they limit the player instantly. On the other hand, if this poor player deposits 50-100 euros, he will not have any issue. But if he deposits again and again and again, then he might exceed the limit that the checker sets when virtually visiting homes and neighborhoods.
Some years ago, a well-known (but not top) bookmaker used this technique once in order to confiscate money from a South African player. The old timers here might remember the incident from the old forum. But now, I know that a top (I mean top) UK bookmaker is implementing this technique in massive scale. What is more is that this technique had very positive results for the bookmaker, and now other bookmakers will start implementing it too. Keep this in mind and adopt your action accordingly.
I can’t stop myself commenting that if we knew this before Google’s car passed our neighborhood, we could create a Potemkin village* especially for our beloved bookmakers.
You might also like to take a look at this discussion that we had some time ago: http://arbusers.com/index.php/topic,2222.msg27221.html#msg27221

*The phrase "Potemkin village" (also "Potyomkin village", derived from the Russian: Потёмкинские деревни, Potyomkinskiye derevni) was originally used to describe a fake village, built only to impress. According to the story, Grigory Potemkin erected fake settlements along the banks of the Dnieper River in order to fool Empress Catherine II during her journey to Crimea in 1787. The phrase is now used, typically in politics and economics, to describe any construction (literal or figurative) built solely to deceive others into thinking that some situation is better than it really is. Source: Wikipedia

The Amazons Company, arranged by Potemkin for the occasion, salute Catherine II the Great in Crimea (1767)
Last edited by arbusers on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Limiting player’s account.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:16 am

So now its only ''dont win too much in the softs'' , we can get in trouble by losing too much and redepositing.
Time to move in to the rich areas :D
arbusers
Administrator

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:28 am

The rich areas might have other filters.
NAS
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:12 pm

In the UK, or also in another's countries?  :o
arbusers
Administrator

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:55 pm

Surely UK, maybe some other ountries as well. Poor countries are doomed from the very start.
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Unbelievable!
Next stage will be to ask for a full body photo in front of house and then comparing it with google earth!
But maybe i am just giving them ideas , you never know with them!
That is really totally unacceptable .
Where this world is heading on? To an orwelic society totally controled and manipulated?
arbusers
Administrator

Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:49 pm

cortomaltese wrote: Unbelievable!
Next stage will be to ask for a full body photo in front of house and then comparing it with google earth!
But maybe i am just giving them ideas , you never know with them!
That is really totally unacceptable .
Where this world is heading on? To an orwelic society totally controled and manipulated?
The next step is skype call. Keep that in mind.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Yeah, arbing will keep getting harder and harder, but its pretty doable right now.
Get back to work and bleed those bookkies dry :)
kapetan1122
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Arbusers wrote:
I was thinking the same thing,its easiest way for them to verify account and you cant say that you ll not do it.
Until bookies dont employ better traders they are going to loose money from arbers and sharp bettors.
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:53 pm

kapetan1122 wrote:
Arbusers wrote:
I was thinking the same thing,its easiest way for them to verify account and you cant say that you ll not do it.
Until bookies dont employ better traders they are going to loose money from arbers and sharp bettors.
So what ?
Next rule in their T&C's will be that in order to open account you must know the english language and have skype instaled along with a working camera on your computer?
yo
yorkjoss

Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:05 pm

kapetan1122 wrote:
Arbusers wrote:

talk about scaremongering??? what are you guys doing? the main reason that our remaining unlimited betting accounts are
this way is because the bookies haven't figured out we're arbing , 2 reasons for this, stupidity and MANPOWER, they are short staffed as well as underpaid, they don't have the resource to Skype call all new customers.

we do not have to worry about skype calls, stan james, victor chandler, betfred, ladbrokes, william hill, coral, sporting bet,
boylesports, to name a few all have one thing in common, they're all so much harder nowadays to make any money out of,
this is a real and happening threat to arbers, we don't have to make up new threats like skype calls.

the bookmakers are onto us like never before but we're still making money.
Stergios
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:21 am

Why would they need all this google earthing just to detect some sharp accounts? Every one of us if we were on a bookie's monitor could detect easily a sharp player just in 5 bets (in 2 actually .. i'm saying 5 just to make sure for the case). And there are bookies that limit us that fast. I think different bookies just happen to have different levels of tollerance against sharp players and the lot of them want to use us.
I hope they are not looking for ways to start confiscating balances from sharp accounts!
geetz
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:04 am

Thank you for quality share. Arbing is getting more interesting, only the smartest will survive. It is the best time to grow bigger balls now and "yoloswag" them till they cry!
dr
drhoo

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:46 am

Arbusers wrote:Poor countries are doomed from the very start.
how are poor countries doomed? i would expect uk to have more of these 'homecoming bookies' than lets say romania or bulgaria. are bookies from uk really gonna send their agents all over the world to check a home address?
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:55 am

Poor countries are doomed from the very start.
There are billionaires and rich people even in the poorest countries.

I agree with Sportoboy , anyone of us could detect a arber with 5 bets.Bookies need some arbers in their staff

Return to “Bookies discussion”