December 08, 2016, 12:06:49 AM
News: If it is not in arbusers, it doesn't exist.

OddsInspector

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »
Author Topic: OddsInspector  (Read 2936 times)
OddsInspector

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2014, 10:46:19 AM »

Hi!
Please tell us if this breaks the rules and take this thread down, but as I see, we can be very useful to your community - we're only a small website, we're ad-free and we are free to use and continue to stay this way.  What we offer is really useful for the users of this forum (imo)!

If you check www.oddsinspector.com - we simply track the Asian market for you.  Though, we offer it very detailed, we offer graphs on every bet - allowing you to see the momentum of the market (especially for forecasting arbitrage this can be important).   Also, we show you the large smashes of the market, what's moved the most since the start of the opening.  We've tried to create a simple and elegantly designed website for these features.

Also, which could be useful to the way you work - 'Track Your Odds'.  This is a free service offered by us - you enter a bet you want, at the odds you want it and we'll email you when the price is triggered.  This can be useful when you're on the move, or don't have time/programs to continually check - we offer a free service allowing you to set triggers for the games you're watching, especially important when you want to hit a certain price as you need in arbitrage!

Anyway, I hope we can be of help to the way you work, even if it's just for informational purposes :)

Thanks, OddsInspector!

Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:52:48 AM »

You dont break any rule. Go on with it.
How fast are you collecting odds?

OddsInspector

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 11:24:26 AM »

Thanks for that! Sorry about posting in the wrong place.

We try to collect as fast as possible, it usually turns out in 2-3 minutes, as we process the data we receive in many different ways before we publish it - so it takes some time to 'crunch' those before publishing it, else we could do it a little faster (the bigger we get, the more we can invest in our set up and the data and so on!)...

Thordin
Pro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 11:26:49 AM »

Do you send instant email alerts on dropping odds? Syndicate and money movers

Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 12:47:51 PM »

it usually turns out in 2-3 minutes,

This is a lot. I thought we were talking about some seconds.

as we process the data we receive in many different ways before we publish it

Plz elaborate.
Thanks.

OddsInspector

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 09:30:57 PM »

Do you send instant email alerts on dropping odds? Syndicate and money movers

We send overviews of these every so often.  We can in the future make our mail client more suited to what people want (or they can customize themselves).  Syndicate Bets and Money Movers overview is sent out a few times a day.  In terms of 'Track Your Odds', you can set these triggers anytime you want and they'll be sent to you as soon as the odds are reached.

OddsInspector

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 09:40:01 PM »

Plz elaborate.
Thanks.

It wasn't built as a site in that sense (IE, the quickest updates on odds) - simply because this isn't our expertise and we believe a lot of sites already do this very well (second by second updates), and we wouldn't be able to compete on that.  Our edge/individuality is understanding what more professional experts want - how they want to view it and what could be important to them - we understand this doesn't match with arbitrage in some ways (where seconds matter!).

The way I see it as very useful to 'arbitrage' is not in the traditional sense (taking a 101% book) - it's more for statistical arbitrage - seeing the 'trends', of constant moves downwards (Money Movers), or the big smashes that are likely to come back due to an over-reaction to a large bet (Syndicate Bets) - plus, Track Your Odds is a useful tool if you have an open trade, and you need a certain price to ensure the arbitrage - we can make that alert, or at least be of some help in that area.  I see us in some aspects very useful to ways you work - even though it's not traditional ways.

The way our site is set up is that crunching everything takes time - we have to use every piece of data we get to make each page correct, like Syndicate Bets, Money Movers, email people triggers - this causes a time delay.  In the big betting world, we're only small - we're just hoping we can grow bigger and add more and more aspects and improvements (with speed being one of those)!

yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 10:34:15 PM »

Plz elaborate.
Thanks.

It wasn't built as a site in that sense (IE, the quickest updates on odds) - simply because this isn't our expertise and we believe a lot of sites already do this very well (second by second updates), and we wouldn't be able to compete on that.  Our edge/individuality is understanding what more professional experts want - how they want to view it and what could be important to them - we understand this doesn't match with arbitrage in some ways (where seconds matter!).

The way I see it as very useful to 'arbitrage' is not in the traditional sense (taking a 101% book) - it's more for statistical arbitrage - seeing the 'trends', of constant moves downwards (Money Movers), or the big smashes that are likely to come back due to an over-reaction to a large bet (Syndicate Bets) - plus, Track Your Odds is a useful tool if you have an open trade, and you need a certain price to ensure the arbitrage - we can make that alert, or at least be of some help in that area.  I see us in some aspects very useful to ways you work - even though it's not traditional ways.

The way our site is set up is that crunching everything takes time - we have to use every piece of data we get to make each page correct, like Syndicate Bets, Money Movers, email people triggers - this causes a time delay.  In the big betting world, we're only small - we're just hoping we can grow bigger and add more and more aspects and improvements (with speed being one of those)!

so so much gobbledigook, arbing isn't nuclear physics, we're not scientists, we're arbers, use all the complicated and intelligent sounding rhetoric you like, you're trying to make money, just like the rest of us, no point in trying to "sugar coat" it, we arbers are not stupid, if you make the mistake in thinking that we are? then you have zero chance in profiting from us!!!

OddsInspector

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 11:15:46 PM »

Like I say, it's not arbitrage in the typical sense (and if it's not useful to you, it's no problem not to use it!).

You can actually see from the website there's NO way in which we can make money (no ad's, no sign up fee, no nothing).  So, your words are actually incorrect.

I know a lot of people who arbitrage who don't auto-arb (getting 2.01 and 2.01 both sides), a lot interpret moves which will allow for future arbs.  To insinuate I think you're stupid by presenting a tool which may or may not help, I just don't understand.

cortomaltese
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 06:16:37 AM »

I believe this project has potential and there's a lot of extra features that can be added to improve it.
For example i was thinking is there any way for an  automated email alert when the opening odds are originally posted in specific leagues/markets?

drhoo

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 06:44:03 AM »

so, what's in it for you if you're not an arber and this service will remain ad-free and free free?

OddsInspector

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 09:51:57 AM »

I believe this project has potential and there's a lot of extra features that can be added to improve it.
For example i was thinking is there any way for an  automated email alert when the opening odds are originally posted in specific leagues/markets?

Thanks for that. That's something we're definitely looking into adding (just more flexibility for you to test, manipulate and get alerts as you want them).  As I say, we're looking to grow it and if there's a spot/need for us in the market, we'll definitely do that - ideas like yours are very good.  For what it can be, we are very basic right now - which is exciting.

OddsInspector

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 09:54:48 AM »

so, what's in it for you if you're not an arber and this service will remain ad-free and free free?

We use this data internally in our own way of work - for many aspects - we had an investor who wanted us to bring it public (he is already a professional player), and invested in the site to do that.  We have no plans to monetize it.  We as a team are very interested in betting and wanted to bring something to market that isn't there - that's exciting for us. 

Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 10:10:32 AM »

Who is this investor? The fact that you are coming in arbusers to place your link, means that he must be one of us.

OddsInspector

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 10:13:39 AM »

As far as I'm aware, it's not a member here (as I say, we are not geared towards arbitrage - only aspects of us can help depending how you use them!)... we placed a link because of that here, too :) We're just trying to spread the word, get more ideas on how to improve and implement those changes in these early stages!  More feedback the better.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
« previous next »