Likelyhood of palp at pinnacle?

Ask anything about smart gambling
lerllerdi
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Likelyhood of palp at pinnacle?

Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:04 am

Hi

I found something interesting yesterday related to the rugby league, four nations final, New Zealand v Australia. Pinnacle was offering New Zealand with positive half goal handicap for 2.38 while straight head to head they had NZ at 2.29. Why would they give NZ an advantage AND higher odds? Naturally this provided an arb with an Aussie book and I went for it but was hesitant going in with a lot as it just seemed strange. In the end they did not void bet which is good but am I not seeing something obvious here? Do they actually do the honorable thing if it's just a minor mistake?

I really wanted to go 4 figures on the aussie book because no eyebrows would have been raised for that match, especially betting on Australia, but I held back to only couple hundred as I was half expecting a void bet from pinnacle.
Arboman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Likelyhood of palp at pinnacle?

Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:21 am

I think pinnacle have a very solid reputation about excepting huge bets and arbers, so I very much doubt they would want to risk it over something like that. They have an SBR rating A so I think you can trust them next time. Besides general consensus here states that pinnacle know their trade very well and are razor sharp with their odds, which means they rarely make mistakes. This is why 99% of people are long term losers in pinnacle. Nothing is guaranteed but pinny are pretty safe.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:13 am

People here have complained about pinnacle voiding in the past few months, i believe itwas because of software problems pinnacle was having.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Pinnacle although they are the best bookie in the world, do void bets if they post incorrect odds.

If the arb is more than 5-7% with a soft book, or more than 1-2% with a another sharp book dont touch it!!
Never trust a goose!!!
Gandalfbet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:55 am

And here we go... All bets taken on [Handicap] from 8/20/2015 10:13:51 PM to 8/20/2015 11:14:06 PM have been voided due to the following reason: [The bet was offered with an incorrect line.] Sorry for the inconvenience.

I believe it is my first void bet at Pinnacle in 4 years.
voodoo
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:02 pm

I had a void bet in pinnacle last year due to ''incorrect odds''. I was sure that the odds were correct and i was lucky because oddsportal had the in-play odds from other bookmakers at the same time. So i explained them the situation and they finally paid the winnings. Don't know if any other book would admit that they made a wrong decision in the beginning and then pay the 15k winnings (even if you show them some proofs...)

Return to “Newbie's questions”