BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

ArbMagnet - New Monitor in developement, seeking betatesters !

Exchange ideas and share info about all alert services.
ArbMagnet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

ArbMagnet - New Monitor in developement, seeking betatesters !

Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:02 pm

Hello arbusers-users !

We're developing a new monitor that focuses on changing the way data acquisition  is handled on top of everything else.
We believe current way of doing that  is ineffective and resource hungry which reflects on the price you pay for the tool.

How about having real-time update rate on all the markets with all the bookies  for the fraction of the price, thanks to being part of the network?
In-play, pre-play, any event, any market. At your fingertips.

Distributing the task of acquiring data amongst ourselves in order to have better and more stable view of the market

Do you think it'd improve your arbing experience ?

We sure do !

The speed at which odds are updated, especially in-play is hard to keep track of, we want to modernize the way software's are approaching the issue.

We're still in research&development stage, with a proof of concept running on xml feeds from bookies.
In order to further develop and test the network, we need you, the people !

If you'd like to be part of the Alpha testing, and earn yourself some privileges later on when we launch contact me immediately !

mike@oddsvortex.com is the mail. :)
Last edited by ArbMagnet on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.ArbMagnet.com - Pull arbs in a new way
OddStorm
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: ArbMagnet - New Monitor in developement, seeking betatesters !

Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:33 pm

To be honest, really impressed of your attitude :) congrats, Mike.

Went trough your Investor Pitch Deck, sounds impressive http://oddsvortex.com/resources/pitch_deck.pdf
But, have to disagree for "The Problem" part, as your problem was already solved by a number of services around.
And if you really mind to invest such a sum into your project, I would recommend you looking for a partnership achieving your real-time idea. And deep diving into "The Problem" and "Distributed scraping network" solution. But maybe you already did.
Also, doubt about Rebels revenue mentioned and bookmaker's revenue share an alert service might have.

Anyway, wish you luck with your project, hope to see you up and ready soon.

Regards,
chapa
ArbMagnet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:41 pm

Thanks,

Can you elaborate more on the issues you point out please, i'm very interested in what you think.

How has the problem of updating the data been solved ?, 10second delay is acceptable for pre-match, not so much for in-play, especially since we have to hit it and count in the operators delays, every second matters there.

Personally i believe the data handling is where the other services are seriously lacking performance.
And its not a surprise, bringing refresh rate down to the true real-time, is a challenge that we're facing.

I believe we can do it with our disturbed network given that there are enough nodes present. We'll certainly drop the cost of running the service at least and give you run for your money :)

On the side note, we also came up with a neat user-friendly interface that performs well even with arbs that will have more than 3 legs. I'll show off in a bit :)
OddStorm
Has experience

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:11 am

ArbMagnet wrote: Personally i believe the data handling is where the other services are seriously lacking performance.
Which other services you are referring?
You may wish to acquire a subscription from all your competitors to see how market goes, and where can be after a year.
ArbMagnet wrote: On the side note, we also came up with a neat user-friendly interface that performs well even with arbs that will have more than 3 legs. I'll show off in a bit :)
:)
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:17 am

I got my pop corn and canceled tonight's movie.
janajana
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:50 am

I think that distributed data scrapping can not function. Many different data on the same outcome will come into server at the same time. That would be a mess. Or is it already resolved ?
dr
drhoo

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:52 am

i don't understand either ... how will client collect the data?

will it collect only the page you have open, or will it act as a crawler and visit many pages from my computer and how is that different than sending crawler from one server? in fact. i don't think scraping is the way to go.
Last edited by drhoo on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArbMagnet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:42 pm

Hey all
Bit of a false start with the beta sorry bout that :[
those who haven't been contacted by me, i express my sincere apologies. there's been a lot of interest, and xmas period wasnt the best choice to go about this :)
get in touch with me now via skype at the bottom of this post.

I bring some screenshots to show off what we've got so far.
This is the list view
You can see we scan few bookmakers already. The complete list is :
Betfair, Betonline.ag, smarkets, ladbrokes, williamhill, netbet, pinnacle, sbobet, 10bet, 188bet, titanbet with over 20more pending implementation

Double clicking on the match brings up new internal tab, and the arb view with the calculator
Big grey boxes are iframes in which the bookie pages are loading. the list of other bets on the market on the left is constantly updated.

Most importantly the backend is stable 99% :)
We cover a nice array of arb combinations. AH+EH, o/u on FT, HT and for the teams.

For now the data is coming from xml feeds, so there's a lag. We have the scraper-cloud system in place, but cant test it just yet.

We're near completion of the first stage, but the User interface is lacking ! Anyone who can help with some nice UI to slap on this contact me via skype  We welcome donations s we can actually contract a UI designer.

Pre-order can be arranged, but we haven't set prices yet. most likely the software will be free to use for the first months, until we have something of value to charge for, but any monetary contributions at this stage will not go unnoticed :)

We're also working on the windows application, which should include the cloud-scraping concept.

mike@oddsvortex.com
Last edited by ArbMagnet on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwaynnyt
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:08 pm

Stayed late for this one. :)
risilloch
Has experience

Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:08 pm

This is interesting. I don't want to be down about it but
anyone thinking about getting involved need to seriously think about the security aspects of hosting another party's software on their home network.

Don't trust your anti virus to detect anything nasty as it is very likely to be custom built specifically.

At a minimum don't use the device hosting the software for logging into your accounts, banking, online shopping etc although that is by no means foolproof
ArbMagnet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:37 am

Absolutely, we're not going to do account management anytime soon, and it'll be strictly voluntary when and if we do it ( i actually recommend ai roboform password manager which works great with www and software passwords) for now we have all this in a website form, so absolutely no download is required.

The moment we implement account management system (just email signup to our site) it'll go live on www.arbmagnet.com for anyone to use free of charge.

And for now, the re-done arb calculator :) :

There's few issues with embedding bookmaker sites into iframes, we're working on that.

What features would you like to see from us ?
For now the to-do list is :
  • adding more bookmakers, obviously
  • filter to display wanted books
  • adjustable commission for calculating stakes with exchanges
  • separation of pre-match and live arbs on the list
  • minor list alternations, so its more clear to read
risilloch
Has experience

Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:11 pm

I think you have misunderstood my point (which may be deliberate)

For the below to be possible
ArbMagnet wrote: ...
Distributing the task of acquiring data amongst ourselves in order to have better and more stable view of the market
members of your odds capturing network are going to have to host some software to perform the data acquisition and forwarding to a central data repository are they not?

And they will have to trust that this software will not spy on them or install anything unpleasant.

The arbing community would do well to have suspicion as their default setting especially in the light of
recently being hit by a well organised scam (ie GoBetGo).
ArbMagnet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:25 pm

risilloch wrote: I think you have misunderstood my point (which may be deliberate)
I did. It wasn't
risilloch wrote: For the below to be possible
ArbMagnet wrote: ...
members of your odds capturing network are going to have to host some software to perform the data acquisition and forwarding to a central data repository are they not?
I don't intend for this element to be obligatory.
You as a client will have an option, use the website only and pay X for the subscription, or download the software, be part of the scraping network and pay X-Y% plus get a faster service.
risilloch wrote: And they will have to trust that this software will not spy on them or install anything unpleasant.

The arbing community would do well to have suspicion as their default setting especially in the light of
recently being hit by a well organised scam (ie GoBetGo).
That should be part of everyday awareness for everyone :) nothing i can do about it other then develop trustworthy presence over time.
ArbMagnet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:18 am

We're almost ready to launch !

The User interface is the last thing that is lacking, and we've ran out of funds to pay for good gfx designer :(
Months of tests and tinkering with the code already produces good stable alpha that's passed for "okayish"  version
We desperately need good and intuitive user interface, and that would cost a little.
All our budget got blown on servers for scraping & testing
If you feel like helping out jump th elast hoop head to our GoFundMe page and get yourself early access half priced subscription right now !

http://www.gofundme.com/arbmagnet

Return to “General talk about alert services”