October 22, 2016, 05:05:49 PM
News: If it is not in arbusers, it doesn't exist.

help a new guy

Pages: [1]
« previous next »
Author Topic: help a new guy  (Read 994 times)

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2014, 09:05:33 PM »

Hello to all business's mans out here and all Arbers.
I'm new in this and I will get strait to the point.I'm doing researches on how to make arb bets (safe bets etc.)
I read almost all treads in the newbie section and continuing reading try the forum and I must say its great I still  don't understand most of the things people writhe but
I'm making my way and not giving up by now i have learn this :
I know the formula and I can use it. Let me make an example so if I'm wrong some one could correct me.
I found a basketball match today at 1 bookie 1.90 / 1.90 at the other was 1.48 / 2.70
so i take the 1.90 from the first and the 2.70 from the second
lets say we use 100$
(1/1.9)x100 = 52.63%
(1/2.7)x100 = 37.04%
52.63% + 37.04% = 89.67 % if its under 100% i must have an arb.
(100/89.67)-100= 11.52 profit or percent wining's
to know how to place on them i used the second formula
(100x52.63%) / 89.67 = 58.69$
(100x37.04%) / 89.67 = 41.31$
i read that y can make them on "5" 5-10-20-25-30 circled (i don't know the word for that)
so i make my bet 60$ on the first and 40$ on the second
i want to ask is this the right way to get in this ?
tomorrow I will get my bank card with some cash like 100$ (don't hate me most people start with way more cash I have 10 000 ready to invest in this
just want to not screw it up, just testing 1-2 weeks with low bugged I think it wont kill no one)

I should play matches that start early'er as possible.
I should bet when I calculated as fast as possible so the coefficient don't change drop etc.
I don't know what more should I do now, I understood that betfair is good for arbs and is the asian handicap matches goal + or something like that , you play on live matches ?
I will make accounts in the different bets but if some one can explain about the handicap and asian divison and do I need some software or something else,
to continue learning and understanding the arb betting I would be very grateful. THANK YOU !

btw. I write very bad my english is second language so I'm sorry for being a self learner.
And I write the formula cause I haven't seen it in the newbie section or missed it (if its the real  deal of course)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 07:41:40 PM »

The formulas you used are ok for two legs arbs.
You can find these formulas here: http://surebettracker.com/LetsBlog/learning-center/calculating-arbitrages/
You can find the maths explaining the formula here: http://www.surebetmonitor.com/2014/10/02/the-math-behind-arbitrage/
However, most alert services or calculators (or your own excel) will do this for you.
How will you detect these arbs?
The example you provided is probably an error. 11% is too high.
The rounding you used is only valid if the arb percentage is really high. Otherwise you will probably lose money on one bet. If one book is sharp you don't need to round stakes.
Live arbitrage or arbitrage near the start of the match needs much more experience. You should not start there.
100 is really low. I started with 200, but I admit is toooooo low :-)

Smart Bet Tracker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 06:32:50 PM »

200 is good I think when someone is just starting up?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 09:21:08 AM »

thank y ppintaluba for the reply i checked the links y offered im currently playing poker with my money to make them around 300-400 for now cause as y say 100-200 is nothing i can place em in 2 bokies max its kind of pointless :D i read that higher then 5% are not good y must have experience to know when to place on higher % arbs
im learning the asian handicap now and i understand it in but i think i will not play it yet and i will get some free arb software just to see how things are going in there too :)

Pages: [1]
« previous next »