RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Uk shop fraud

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
jigger11
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Uk shop fraud

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi anyone know how I stand, I have won just short of £500 at a uk shop but when I went to collect the money I have been told someone has been in and collected the winnings by saying they have lost the bet slips and filled out  a lost slip form, I have contacted the shop head office today and was told it will be referred to the district manager. to do a lost slip form you need Id and proof of address in my past experience and you need to tell the staff the bet type date time it was put on and stake amount, so to know this info must have come from someone with access to the tills in my opinion!
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Uk shop fraud

Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Cameras in shop, ID, proof of address, if the management is willing to help you will find the guy :)

Good luck!
jigger11
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:05 am

I have still got the full slips it is Williamhill when I called them they told me there is nothing they can do and I had to got to the police but then called again to make a official complaint and told me they would forward it to the district manager but have heard nothing since.
tmt90
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Thats ridiculous, I would go and camp outside the shop until I got paid.

They are more than capable of finding out who the culprit is, although what worries me is that the info required to cash without a slip suggests it could be an inside job.
Saloman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:01 pm

Whist visiting bookies before I saw the same man in three different bookies claiming he'd had a win but lost his bet slip, in Ladbrokes he was filling in a form and the cashier handed him some cash! I told the cashier who didn't seem to give a monkeys
Saloman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:05 pm

What you need to do is look for a government website called MoneyClaimOnline and sue them for the amount of the bet. Highly likely that they won't bother contesting it and you'll get your money back.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”