RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Pinny choosing what lines to sharpen?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Namnam
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Pinny choosing what lines to sharpen?

Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:19 pm

I have just a few months of experience with arbing, but it has been (for me) quite lucrative and I have learned a lot during a short time. Anyway, not long ago I started to subscribe to a good alert service and also joined up with Pinnacle. So now I of course have many arbs with Pinny on one of the sides. The funny thing though is that I almost ALWAYS loose there! I tend to balance my arbs evenly so it doesn't really matter, but it has started me thinking. Could Pinnacle on purpose sharpen their odds on the "loosing" side somehow? I know that they can not know for sure if a event will end this or that way, but it is seldom the Pinny odds are on the favorite side for my arbs! It is of course better for them if I always loose my money there...

Just for perspective: I use about 15-20 bookies. The most winnnings/loosing I have at the moment on a single bookie is about 1000€ (I know, small numbers but I'm new to this as I said!) The total wagers is maybe 10-15 times that. On Pinnacle however I have about 10000€ lost! And maybe I have wagered 12000€ in total there, so it's a big % lost.

Sometimes I think that I just shouldn't hedge at all with arbs involving Pinny. If I had done that from the start I would be 10000€ plus!!! :)
raizzak
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Pinny choosing what lines to sharpen?

Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:11 pm

actually pinnacle i think they take positions on some markets, although the sample is very small probably less than 50 times the results are like 90% losers
Don't speak for something you have no clue.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Pinny choosing what lines to sharpen?

Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:22 pm

It could simply be variance.  You would need lots of bets before you can make a conclusion that Pinny side always loses, 1000s of bets actually.
Never trust a goose!!!

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”