BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Matchbook made my bet void due to incorrect odds.

Info about betting exchanges.
w62upr
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Matchbook made my bet void due to incorrect odds.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:16 pm

Matchbook made my bet void due to incorrect odds. I also have same experience at Betdaq. Both have the right to do so. Be careful to palp odds even if at a betting exchange site.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Matchbook made my bet void due to incorrect odds.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:23 pm

This should never happen at an exchange, unless there is a technical problem.
Never trust a goose!!!
w62upr
Has experience

Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:39 pm

Concerning Betdaq case, they had did and sent me a notification email before a match started. Concerning Matchbook case, I'm not sure whether they did before a match start time or not. Anyway, what I want to tell you is there is like this risk even if at a betting exchange site.
BO
BOOYAKA

Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:02 pm

Matchbook isn't really an exchange. They seed all of the site. Bet daq is rubbish and I never use them. They seed to huge percentages and have no customers and charge 5% commission.

WBX exchange also has the right to void incorrect odds as per the terms and conditions on its site.

I hope this voiding did not cost you too much as you wouldn't think an exchange could be able to void bets but they can and do.
X_Gambler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:07 pm

Betfair pulled it on me as well recently..
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:22 pm

To further protect clients against "trap offers," malicious users, technical faults, and so forth, Matchbook reserves the right under extraordinary circumstances to break trades that are the result of an obvious and extreme input error. An example would be if a client is matched on a heavy underdog at 1-25 odds instead of 25-1 odds. Note that this rule protects against technical errors, not pricing errors, so while a match at odds of -150 vs. a prevailing market value of -115 may be regrettable, it could not be classed as an obvious and extreme input error. No claims will be considered after the start of an event or for trades that take place in running (i.e., during live trading). All claims must be made within an hour of the trade in question. For consistency, Matchbook, using all available resources, will determine the fair market value (probability) at the time the bet was matched. Comparing against this value, if the probability of the incorrect offer, is 20% less than, or 20% greater than, the fair market probability, then Matchbook reserves the right to void the trade in question.

They may have applied this but it is not very clear.
umbertobet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:12 pm

but you didnt say the most important thing , which bet you made and at what time?
w62upr
Has experience

Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:22 am

You can see the answer in my posts.
dwaynnyt
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:05 pm

Just my opinion here, if it has incorrect odds, it shouldn't be sent out or at least there should be a warning for users?
magas1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:17 pm

hi guys, a real rookie question here, but ive been studying the site for weeks, i got the basics, but still dont get the simplest of things.
Why does every arber need to use an exchange(which you also call sharp bookie?or is this just a term for the bookies that dont limit as easy?)?
So why is an exchange used? better odds?dont limit easily?
and from what i think i understood since you bet against other players in exchanges, specific bets are not always available.... im feeling confused...so please help :-\
yo
yorkjoss

Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:50 pm

magas1 wrote: hi guys, a real rookie question here, but ive been studying the site for weeks, i got the basics, but still dont get the simplest of things.
Why does every arber need to use an exchange(which you also call sharp bookie?or is this just a term for the bookies that dont limit as easy?)?
and from what i think i understood since you bet against other players in exchanges, specific bets are not always available.... im feeling confused...so please help :-\
        "ive been studying the site for weeks"............................really???

arbing is relatively straightforward and individuals develp their own styles but easy as it can be it's
thankfully not for everyone, you have to use your initiative, put in many hours, learn from your mistakes,
which are often very costly, be prepared to learn all by yourself and accept that no one is going to hand
this to you on a plate, after reading your post/questions  it could be you're one of the people who
just weren't meant for arbing
Last edited by yorkjoss on Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:01 pm

magas1 wrote: hi guys, a real rookie question here, but ive been studying the site for weeks, i got the basics, but still dont get the simplest of things.
It seems you didn't get the idea of exchanges. Bookmakers and Exchanges are different. In bookmakers you bet against the bookmaker (they set the odds). Sharp bookmakers adjust their odds very fast and soft bookmakers are slow and limit players. In exchanges, you bet against other people (people set the odds, not the bookmaker). The exchange charges a commission to bettors. They don't have the risk to lose, that's why they do not limit players (the higher the bets, more they earn, always). In bookmakers you bet for something to happen. In exchanges you can bet for something to happen or something NOT to happen.

Betfair has a lot of videos to learn what is a exchange. Pinnacle also has good articles to read.

EDIT; Sorry. You did understand about betting against other people. I didn't read carefully.
Last edited by ppintaluba on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
magas1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:20 pm

thank you for the replies for they are all meant to help!

Return to “Exchanges”