Hey all

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hey all  (Read 2422 times)
Mactown

View Profile

Mactown

Hey all
« on: February 28, 2015, 08:41:41 PM »

Hi guys just wanted to say hello.  :D

I've known about arbing for some time now, but only just got the funds together to give it a real crack. If anyone has any advice, im very willing to listen, watch and learn!

I've been looking at corners and inplay markets to counter a over 10... under 11 during market and working out averages and number of wins.. the results are promising.

However as I learn I want to step into horse racing, backing and laying on betfair... a bloke at work is taking me under his wing, he is making £1.5k a month!

Anyway, Hello and I hope to learn a lot from the pros :D

ArberPro
Has some experience

View Profile

ArberPro

Re: Hey all
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 08:44:54 PM »

Hello,backing and laying at horses works only if you do trading ,don't do arbitrage betting there because you will be limited in no time.
dealer wins
Pro

View Profile

dealer wins

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 09:15:31 PM »

Hello,backing and laying at horses works only if you do trading ,don't do arbitrage betting there because you will be limited in no time.

Thanks for this pearl of wisdom  ::)

Never trust a goose!!!
Mactown

View Profile

Mactown

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 09:39:24 PM »

he has been restricted and still makes a nice profit...
fuzzler

View Profile

fuzzler

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 08:02:22 PM »

Welcome Mactown. Enjoy!
DeviLisLie

Email

DeviLisLie

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 08:49:13 PM »

he has been restricted and still makes a nice profit...

I'd ask for proof - I doubt if anyone here makes £1.5k a week arbing horses using limited accounts :)

+1. No way to do that in a million years.
PoisonDart

View Profile

PoisonDart

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 08:14:11 PM »

he said per month?!
Johno737

View Profile

Johno737

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 09:43:47 PM »

Hi....please excuse my ignorance but can anyone explain what trading is .... I'm very new and understand arbitrage but have never done betting before.

Thanks for a great forum
aulycar
Not even a newbie

View Profile

aulycar

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 09:34:12 PM »

hi all

Hi....please excuse my ignorance but can anyone explain what trading is .... I'm very new and understand arbitrage but have never done betting before.

good question . i am new have been arbing for about 6 months.

I back horses on the bookies and lay them on the exchange works well. but i have been limited by one bookmaker. I seem to be winning at the bookies and putting the money back into the exchanges , i try to give my winning bookies a rest for a while.

I don't understand why its not more balanced between bookies and exchange if i continue to circulate money from bookies to the exchange i am going to get more bookies limiting me.
dealer wins
Pro

View Profile

dealer wins

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 11:36:10 AM »

hi all

good question . i am new have been arbing for about 6 months.

I back horses on the bookies and lay them on the exchange works well. but i have been limited by one bookmaker. I seem to be winning at the bookies and putting the money back into the exchanges , i try to give my winning bookies a rest for a while.

I don't understand why its not more balanced between bookies and exchange if i continue to circulate money from bookies to the exchange i am going to get more bookies limiting me.

It is balanced between books and exchanges, but over the long term (10000 bets+)

Assuming when there is an arb its the book that has the out of line price, a 1% arb will result in 0.5% of your stake going from the exchange to the book on average. So if you make 10000 £1000 arb bets with a book, then you will expect the book to be showing a loss to you of £5000.

Over 100 bets the book will could be winning £10000+ or losing £10000+ easily, such is the nature of variance.

Never trust a goose!!!
Pages: [1]
Print