Hey all

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Mactown
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Hey all

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi guys just wanted to say hello.  :D

I've known about arbing for some time now, but only just got the funds together to give it a real crack. If anyone has any advice, im very willing to listen, watch and learn!

I've been looking at corners and inplay markets to counter a over 10... under 11 during market and working out averages and number of wins.. the results are promising.

However as I learn I want to step into horse racing, backing and laying on betfair... a bloke at work is taking me under his wing, he is making £1.5k a month!

Anyway, Hello and I hope to learn a lot from the pros :D
ArberPro
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Hey all

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:44 pm

Hello,backing and laying at horses works only if you do trading ,don't do arbitrage betting there because you will be limited in no time.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:15 pm

ArberPro wrote: Hello,backing and laying at horses works only if you do trading ,don't do arbitrage betting there because you will be limited in no time.
Thanks for this pearl of wisdom  ::)
Never trust a goose!!!
Mactown
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:39 pm

ArberPro wrote: Hello,backing and laying at horses works only if you do trading ,don't do arbitrage betting there because you will be limited in no time.
he has been restricted and still makes a nice profit...
fuzzler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:02 pm

Welcome Mactown. Enjoy!
De
DeviLisLie

Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:49 pm

MaxShalamar wrote:
Mactown wrote:
he has been restricted and still makes a nice profit...
I'd ask for proof - I doubt if anyone here makes £1.5k a week arbing horses using limited accounts :)
+1. No way to do that in a million years.
PoisonDart
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:14 pm

he said per month?!
Johno737
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi....please excuse my ignorance but can anyone explain what trading is .... I'm very new and understand arbitrage but have never done betting before.

Thanks for a great forum
aulycar

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:34 pm

hi all
Hi....please excuse my ignorance but can anyone explain what trading is .... I'm very new and understand arbitrage but have never done betting before.
good question . i am new have been arbing for about 6 months.

I back horses on the bookies and lay them on the exchange works well. but i have been limited by one bookmaker. I seem to be winning at the bookies and putting the money back into the exchanges , i try to give my winning bookies a rest for a while.

I don't understand why its not more balanced between bookies and exchange if i continue to circulate money from bookies to the exchange i am going to get more bookies limiting me.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:36 am

aulycar wrote: hi all
good question . i am new have been arbing for about 6 months.

I back horses on the bookies and lay them on the exchange works well. but i have been limited by one bookmaker. I seem to be winning at the bookies and putting the money back into the exchanges , i try to give my winning bookies a rest for a while.

I don't understand why its not more balanced between bookies and exchange if i continue to circulate money from bookies to the exchange i am going to get more bookies limiting me.

It is balanced between books and exchanges, but over the long term (10000 bets+)

Assuming when there is an arb its the book that has the out of line price, a 1% arb will result in 0.5% of your stake going from the exchange to the book on average. So if you make 10000 £1000 arb bets with a book, then you will expect the book to be showing a loss to you of £5000.

Over 100 bets the book will could be winning £10000+ or losing £10000+ easily, such is the nature of variance.
Never trust a goose!!!

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”