RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Proxy and VPN Detection

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Janyanwu
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Proxy and VPN Detection

Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Technology has gone so far, Proxy and VPN can  now be dectected.
What is left for arbers?

read the following link
http://www.threatmetrix.com/technology/proxy-and-vpn-detection/
yo
yorkjoss

Re: Proxy and VPN Detection

Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:59 pm

Bobo wrote:
What is left for arbers?
still profits to be made, every obstacle they put up we are always thinking of ways to get around, us arbers
are a resourceful bunch, sure it's getting harder and some obstacles just may be too big to get around
so concentrate on the one's you are getting around, as I said still profits to be made, there is still plenty
left for arbers.

it still beats working for a living ;)

sure vpn detection systems are bad news but I know someone (non arber) who lost his account at ppower
2 years ago whilst using a works vpn, ppower flagged the vpn, bookies have been using vpn detectors for longer
than we think, it hasn't stopped us arbing!
Last edited by yorkjoss on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nadal77
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:58 am

I think what they are doing is mainly seeing u have a strange ISP, like a cloud hosting service... so its easy to see. But if u set up a remote computer for urself in the country u want to arb in then it should be fine. Also if u are in the country u want to arb in then just reset ur modem or if u have static ip just change ISP.
freaked
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:48 am

Is this still a worry?
The site doesn’t explain how they would detect a proxy or vpn – does anyone know how they would do this and how to avoid it?
arctrading
Has experience

Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:12 am

Main problem with VPN services is shared IP addresses. For many, VPN service is just for anonymity, hiding real IP for torreting purposes etc.  In betting, you probably want u use vpn for other people accounts. You must have fresh, dedicated ip address. The best would be residential of course but that cost a bit more and more many countries offered. For normal vpn it does not work. Bookie finds out because of shared IP. Same thing as Netflix.
co
cocahontas

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:59 pm

So if they find out that you are using VPN you get limited faster? do you know how much faster? So solution is to buy dedicated proxy.. this could extend lifetime of the account?
arctrading
Has experience

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:23 pm

no you do not get it. Using VPN is against the Terms and Conditions for many bookies. So lets say, you are from UK but currently residing in Thailand. You need to have UK IP. Best would be UK residential ip(via some vpn service) but average vpn which offers only shared IPs for anonymity does not help you. Mainly because perhaps "someone else" have been using same ip for bet365 so its blacklisted. You only benefit with VPN service which offers dedicated/fix/residential IP address. Lifetime of your account really depends on what bets you make there not the ip you have.
co
cocahontas

Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:37 pm

I get it. I know vpn doesnt work for bet365, i cant use bet365 after their latest update anyway. Im talking about other softs. Im using average VPN and i have no problem to access them. But if they know im using VPN so they could know that in most cases Im not an average bettor and the only thing how they can get rid off me is to block me or limit me -> they are not blocking VPNs so other way is limit me. And that is my previous question -> if they see VPN do they limit me faster or what can they do? Or only bet365 is tracking VPNs ?
pooler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:59 pm

cocahontas wrote: I get it. I know vpn doesnt work for bet365, i cant use bet365 after their latest update anyway. Im talking about other softs. Im using average VPN and i have no problem to access them. But if they know im using VPN so they could know that in most cases Im not an average bettor and the only thing how they can get rid off me is to block me or limit me -> they are not blocking VPNs so other way is limit me. And that is my previous question -> if they see VPN do they limit me faster or what can they do? Or only bet365 is tracking VPNs ?
what VPN do you use for bet365 ?
from my experiences for bet365 - if you can show page, and make login (it doesn't matter from which IP), than it's OK
experience for unibet - if you change IP by country, they can close your account and never reopen
Clazi
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon May 04, 2020 8:21 pm

As far as possible you should need a static resid IP simulating your pure laptop from home. Nobody will offer you a monthly payment for that. Everywhere Ive just seen rotating Ip address. And I believe this should works.
Any experience of accounting lasting more then 1 month like this ?

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”