RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Winning both sides accidentally!

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Namnam
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Winning both sides accidentally!

Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi guys! I assume that if you keep doing this long enough, you will see some crazy/funny/disastrous/strange things eventually. Is it common for example that both (or all 3) sides of your arbs loose? Has not happened to yet, thank god. If it would happen, I sure as hell would start digging out the correct result and ask one or more of the bookies why my bet lost. However, recently I have actually WON several arbs (that were NOT middles) on both sides! I find this very strange and of course awesome... I have not bothered asking around any of the bookies if they made a mistake, but SOMEWHERE a mistake must have been made, right? I end up winning on both team A and team B, and only loosing on the draw for example. Makes me a few hundred € each time! Is this common? Can it be bad for me somehow? As I said, it has now happened 3-4 times in just as many months...
A.M.
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Winning both sides accidentally!

Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:12 am

you have made some mistake on bets or bookies may have different rules bets. What sports you make those bets?
swedplay
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:54 am

Namnam wrote: Hi guys! I assume that if you keep doing this long enough, you will see some crazy/funny/disastrous/strange things eventually. Is it common for example that both (or all 3) sides of your arbs loose? Has not happened to yet, thank god. If it would happen, I sure as hell would start digging out the correct result and ask one or more of the bookies why my bet lost. However, recently I have actually WON several arbs (that were NOT middles) on both sides! I find this very strange and of course awesome... I have not bothered asking around any of the bookies if they made a mistake, but SOMEWHERE a mistake must have been made, right? I end up winning on both team A and team B, and only loosing on the draw for example. Makes me a few hundred € each time! Is this common? Can it be bad for me somehow? As I said, it has now happened 3-4 times in just as many months...
Haha, thats great. It has happened to me several times that my losing side of the arb is voided and refunded and the winning side of the arb stands and wins. Happened like 10 times in maybe 5 years. And if I remember correctly I had a win on both sides on a tennismach when I used Betsafe and Betfair some years ago. Great stuff  ;D

But in your case, since you have won several times, I guess you have been arbing with mixed rules. Bookies with different rules. For example in hockey, some bookies include overtime, some bookies does not. You have to read the rules carefully for every sport.
Last edited by swedplay on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
fuzzler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:50 pm

Bookies with different rules.
I see! That might just have explained it.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”