Bookmaker made mistake?

Ask anything about smart gambling
KC83
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Bookmaker made mistake?

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:53 pm

Hi there!
Is it possible that bookmaker made mistake?
I play surebet live:U/O NHL.
I bet over on b365 and under on coral. Both bets won. I read rules before and after and it seems they have the same rules. Both include overtime. Now when I see bets between them I am afraid to bet. I still will bet Under in coral and over b365 but when I see bet the other way I am not betting. Do rules can be different "in play"?
raizzak
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Bookmaker made mistake?

Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:59 am

Asian u/o at b365 does not include ot the usual one does. maybe you just played under asian b365 over coral?
Don't speak for something you have no clue.
KC83
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:15 am

It wasnt asian and I played over b365 I checked it like 10 times. I thought I made mistake and won by luck but everything was correct.
raizzak
Totally Pro

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:49 am

good for you then, if it is really mistake expect to get them back though
Don't speak for something you have no clue.
ArbTrade
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:01 pm

What a big deal. Take cash and return to daily arbing basis.
KC83
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:35 pm

ArbAttack wrote: Coral have incorrectly paid me losing bets as winning bets on a couple of occasions.
Have they ever realized?
I think that they have 24h to settle bet so I hope I am safe now ;D
Thordin
Totally Pro

Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:09 pm

if they realise they will change it, no matter how may days pass.
But its highly unlikely they will realise if its more than a day or so...

Unless they settled the market in reverse, in which case people with losing bets will complain, and then it will get fixed.
WH corrected a few bets this way.
yo
yorkjoss

Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:56 pm

ArbTrade wrote: What a big deal. Take cash and return to daily arbing basis.
hey arbtrade, to him it is a big deal, that's why he posted,

makes a change from reading you telling the arbing world that B365 are no good just because they've gave you
some problems recently, to you that was a very big deal!
BO
BOOYAKA

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:47 pm

Victor Chandler settled a losing bet as a winner for me once. It was a nice big extra profit! Bookmakers do make mistakes from time to time.
Yorgos1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:25 pm

Last year i  won a four digit bet at Pinnacle. My stake should be lost as Pinnacle was wrong. I was thinking of telling them the truth...

Actually i informed them about this stake (as i was in a good mood that time..) after two weeks.

Guess what happened then..

Well Pinnacle did not cancel my stake but considered my stake as won. The reason was that it would be out of their rules.

Their particular term was saying that if a mistake is done  and this fact is not comminicated among Pinnacle and the bettor untill 3 days from the day that the stake was set, then no changes can be applied.
Rudolpho
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:59 pm

I can share my experience with one of the key bookmakers.
I saw an obvious mistake and took advantage of it. They had switched the odds (I got something like 4.00 instead of 1.20). The bet won(didn't bother to make a lay bet) and I got paid(low 4 digits). I made a withdrawal for the whole balance although the account was at 100% limits and was thinking of opening a new account. So the days went by, weeks and then one superb day I decided to make a deposit back into the same account as the account I was using at the moment got limited. Placed some bets that day - some were lost, some won. And the next day I got a surprise as some funds were missing. Looked at the statement and found out that they had taken back that they paid by mistake that one time. Luckily I had around half of the amount that they paid that time in my account now so the balance went negative. I'm still thankful for that time, but now I've got a lesson that you can't touch that kind of accounts :)
Racerman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:45 am

I once got a first deposit bonus of 1000€ instead of the correct 100€.
Rollover 100€ x 5 and then made a withdrawal. Have not used that account since then.  ;D
daniel
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:56 am

Yorgos1 wrote: Last year i  won a four digit bet at Pinnacle. My stake should be lost as Pinnacle was wrong. I was thinking of telling them the truth...

Actually i informed them about this stake (as i was in a good mood that time..) after two weeks.

Guess what happened then..

Well Pinnacle did not cancel my stake but considered my stake as won. The reason was that it would be out of their rules.

Their particular term was saying that if a mistake is done  and this fact is not comminicated among Pinnacle and the bettor untill 3 days from the day that the stake was set, then no changes can be applied.
I guess, you just got very lucky. 

Return to “Newbie's questions”