RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

How to Arb "Safe" as a Newbie

Ask anything about smart gambling
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

How to Arb "Safe" as a Newbie

Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:39 am

Hey guys, I have been thinking that the most vulnerable arbers are probably newbs.  Most vulnerable to not only making mistakes, but losing funds.  If you can make some profit at first, then at least you're not risking original stake.  So I would appreciate advice on the safest way to arb for newbies.  Questions that arise are......

- which sports are least likely to arouse bookie suspicion?
- which books are least/most likely to cancel your bets?.... or any other crappy unfair behavior to hurt your funds?

The cancelled bet thing is my major concern.  That's all I can think of right now.  If there is anything else that people feel is important for newbs to know to maximize their safety at the beginning, please share.  Thank you very much.

Some tips that I have already come across are....

- avoid, or at least be familiar with rules of tennis / hockey because rules differ with books
- don't bet on horses or Premiere Russian League football, as these are red flags for bookies.
-some people say that 3 part bet, or parlay arbs are more difficult to trace, but others don't seem to think it matters much.
-
sportoboy
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: How to Arb "Safe" as a Newbie

Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:53 am

You worry too much.

If something goes wrong (which is not certain) with one of your bets and you lose some of your original stake, consider this as "tuition fee" for your arbitrage lessons. Cause only this way you will gain the necessary experience for your next bets.  No advice can teach you that.
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: How to Arb "Safe" as a Newbie

Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:03 pm

im most worried about books kidnapping stakes, not so much my own mistakes.  do people deal with that any way.... or just let chips fall where they may and hope you dont get robbed?

Return to “Newbie's questions”