BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

How do you Deal with Stake Kidnapping / Cancelled Bets?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

How do you Deal with Stake Kidnapping / Cancelled Bets?

Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 am

Hello Everyone.  It seems to me that the biggest risk, other than being unaware of rule differentiations, is when bookies, for whatever reason, cancel your bet.  How do you deal with this possibility?  When you do an arb, do you constantly refresh your bet history to make sure the bet is still in play or what?  It would be great to have some damage control ideas.  Thank you very much.
geetz
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: How do you Deal with Stake Kidnapping / Cancelled Bets?

Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:55 am

Barely happens. Just try avoiding palps.
Nameless
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:49 pm

this does happen from time to time. the best strategy I know is to cover the bet at another bookie to get out with a small loss, or you can just let it ride.
I'm not a gambler though, so I always look for the next best odds.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:59 pm

Risks like stake Kidnapping/Cancelled Bets/Account Suspend/Bookie goes bankrupt (Gobetgo) exist in nature of this job. You should embrace the loss and look over the long haul.
Last edited by Yngwie on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:13 am

Yngwie/Sawyer wrote: Risks like stake Kidnapping/Cancelled Bets/Account Suspend/Bookie goes bankrupt (Gobetgo) exist in nature of this job. You should embrace the loss and look over the long haul.
Yes, one must do that.  But in order to see the big picture, I would have to get an idea of how often it happens.  Does it happen 1% of the time?  I'm hoping a lot less.
avskum
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:35 am

Cash wrote:
Yngwie/Sawyer wrote: Risks like stake Kidnapping/Cancelled Bets/Account Suspend/Bookie goes bankrupt (Gobetgo) exist in nature of this job. You should embrace the loss and look over the long haul.
Yes, one must do that.  But in order to see the big picture, I would have to get an idea of how often it happens.  Does it happen 1% of the time?  I'm hoping a lot less.
It depends a lot on how you bet. Avoid smaller bookies and even smaller leagues (books will not void a 1% arb on champions league for example), "to good to be true" arbs bigger than 5-7%, wrong home/away team. Be smart take care make money.
swedplay
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:39 am

Cash wrote: Hello Everyone.  It seems to me that the biggest risk, other than being unaware of rule differentiations, is when bookies, for whatever reason, cancel your bet.  How do you deal with this possibility?  When you do an arb, do you constantly refresh your bet history to make sure the bet is still in play or what?  It would be great to have some damage control ideas.  Thank you very much.
It evens out in the long run. You see, half of the times the voided bet is on the losing side of the arb, and then you get the big win instead.  ;D
I have had many losing bets being refunded on bet365.

But its very rare, less than 1%. I'd say 0,2%
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:40 am

swedplay wrote:

It evens out in the long run. You see, half of the times the voided bet is on the losing side of the arb, and then you get the big win instead.  ;D
I have had many losing bets being refunded on bet365.

But its very rare, less than 1%. I'd say 0,2%
Thanks for the exact estimate.  I won't hold you to it.  If anywhere close to half of cancelled bets lose, that would be great.  I always assume the worst to assess risk.  I would like to ask why bet365 refunds your bets so often?  Is it a certain type of bet or what? 

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”