RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Is Now A Good Time to Buy the Euro?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Is Now A Good Time to Buy the Euro?

Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:56 am

HI THERE!  I am Canadian and all my bank funds are Canadian, but some bookies (like betfair!!) do not allow players to use Canadian funds.  Other options are USD, GBP, and the Euro.  I know now is a bad time for Canadians to buy USD because the Canadian dollar recently fell a lot, while USD rose in value, and I also heard that GBP is at a high point.... so what about the Euro?  Good time?  The Canadian dollar fell to about 0.8 USD two months ago.  It is expected to slowly rise in value with respect to USD.  For anyone who isn't familiar with the Canadian dollar 

1 CAD =    0.74 Euro    = 0.8 USD      =  0.54 GBP

1 Euro =  1.35 CAD    =  1.08 USD    =  0.72 GBP

This conversion thing burns me up because it means I have to pay a currency exchange fee, and betfairs fees are already frickin high.  But it also means that I am investing in another currency, and risk losing even more if Euro falls in relation to CAD.  Betfair is one of the main arbing tools, so I would really like to use it.  Does it matter what exchange one uses?  Can I still bet big at other exchanges and have a good arbing career?  I'm not sure if it's possible for betfair to be profitable at these rates.  6.5% win charge + 2.5% charge on deposits for currency exchange.  Jeez.
Last edited by Cash on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
GrayFox
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Is Now A Good Time to Buy the Euro?

Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:19 am

Create an account on betfair & other asian bookies from Premium Tradings(agent) & your commission of betfair will be reduced to 3.8% from 6.5%. just mention arbusers when you register to them & you will get cash back too.
Plus you can move your funds to/from betfair to asians and the opposite for free.
I  recommend using euro but that is up to you. Ask premium tradings for the exchange rates etc to see whats suits you.
Read more things in the forum mate. There is some really valuable information here.
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:40 am

Thanks for the info.  I'll have to research more.  Anyone else here use them?  Are they trustworthy?  Good for anything other than automatically getting reduced commission? Thanks again.
fuzzler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:52 pm

I'd say still wait for a while. I think right now, it's too early to tell I guess.
kustef
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:25 pm

i think euro will go down to 1:1 to usd ..
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:42 am

Thanks for the responses.  I am disappointed.  But good that I know ahead of time.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”