RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Types of Rule Differences To Watch For

Ask anything about smart gambling
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Types of Rule Differences To Watch For

Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:26 pm

Hello everyone.  We all know that rule differences are one of the potential costly risks of arbing.  I don't expect a list of each specific known rule difference between bookies out there, however, what would be useful is having an idea of the types of arbs in which rule differences might exist.

For example, the most common one that I know of is making over/under bets in which one bookie will include overtime score and the other will not.  So, the type of bet would be an over/under, and the danger is regulation vs. OT.  What other types of bets might have rule differences?  Thank you.
X_Gambler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Types of Rule Differences To Watch For

Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:39 pm

You mentioned the biggest rule differences, last popular one I can mention is the starting pitcher rule for baseball pre-match.
Arboman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:35 pm

"Tennis retirements" - how often does this happen? I checked the T&C and its a little unclear to me... it seems that bets will be void if the 1st set is not completed but there are some specifics that differ and could get me in trouble. How often does this happen?
This is why so far I was sticking to low risk bookies and only soccer. But now I have an appetite for more markets... What about basketball, is it safer then tennis in terms of non-standard events occurring? (ex injury of a tennis player is crucial , injury for a basketball player is not a big deal)
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:18 pm

Tennis retirements. This happens. Not a lot, but it happens. And it happens more and more each year.

I read and interesting research article: retirement rate was 2.57% considering all matches from 1968 to 2010. But see the graph.
The proportion of retired matches increased over this period. Until 1990 the proportion of these matches was under 1.5%, but since 2002 it has been constantly over 3%. Current number is maybe 3.5% or 4%.

(In the retirements by surface graph, take into account this is for the whole period 1968-2010. It is much higher today).
Attachments
retirements_by_surface.png
retirements_by_year.png
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
sonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:40 am

A few years  back I got caught in boxing over/under rounds. Some books require different elapsed time for the round to count. So I placed an over bet with book requiring something like 60 secs and under with a book requiring 30 secs (dont remember exactly). Match ended in between, both bets lost. Arbing is risk free  :-)
avskum
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:53 pm

when betting ice hockey the most common mistake is to not check if an odds is "including OT".
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:58 pm

a baseball match i bet on got finished before all innings were completed.
Void bet on SBO, winner on soft, not sure if silli soft or some kind of specific rules existed.

Return to “Newbie's questions”