BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

How Secure, or Insecure, Are Your Funds At Bookies?

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

How Secure, or Insecure, Are Your Funds At Bookies?

Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:10 am

Hello,

I am concerned about the security of money at bookies.  One reason is because it seems easier to gain access to a bookie account than say, a bank account.  Another thing that concerns me is that every chat operator knows your password.  I was freaked out the first time I was chatting with an online bookie and they asked for my password.  But apparently, that's just how things work at bookies, even though I would never give something like my email password to email customer service.  But apparently, I have to give my password to people who potentially have access to my money.  There is also the fear of viruses, trojans, hackers, cookies, etc. 

Anyway, my question is if there are any steps that can be taken to reduce the chances of someone getting access to your accounts?  Does using tor make it less likely you'll be hacked?  Has anyone here actually had their account breach, and if so, was the problem resolved without consequence?  And how did you deal with it psychologically?  Did you still continue to gamble even after having security breached?  Thank you.
BO
BOOYAKA

Re: How Secure, or Insecure, Are Your Funds At Bookies?

Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:40 am

Most UK bookmakers are insecure about their sexuality. This is why they don't let anyone bet with them.

Return to “Bookies discussion”