RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Is sports arbitrage dying?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
TjTaker
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun May 03, 2015 12:31 pm

Earlier this year, I had ideas of asking for a loan to increase my bankroll and consequently my profit.
I ended up not doing so.
After much work in the past months I reach the 10.000€
And now with this bank I can't get monthly profits of 10% (1000€)
Each month is a struggle to be able to pay all expenses I have.
I don't want at all to come here complain nor is my intention, but things are becoming more difficult day after day.
I know that I said that before but I would like to strengthen.
- What is happening?
For those who make a living doing this... how you guys are holding up?
Stay focused and never give up!
Esso
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Is sports arbitrage dying?

Sun May 03, 2015 2:48 pm

sports arbitrage is defintly not dying its getting more challenging . i had my best month of career last month . in my opinion if you have started arbing now or in the last 6months its very hard to survive because you dont have the expirience to avoid limitations or delay them. You need the expierence to multiple the lifetime of your accounts. In my opinion expirienced arbers will survive and new arbers will only survive if they are very motivated  and persistent.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sun May 03, 2015 7:48 pm

A very general answer to the initial question, is that arbing is slowly dying. That doesn't mean that other smart ways of gambling do not exist. One willing to make money should combine arbing with other smart ways of gambling.
It is very hard, but still doable, for a newbie to make good money in the long run. I remember arbs between bwin and betoto waiting for 30 minutes before they change the lines. There are no free meals any more. A newbie has to fight with the monsters before enjoying profits.
Last edited by arbusers on Sun May 03, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yo
yorkjoss

Sun May 03, 2015 9:26 pm

arbing is dying, of this there is no doubt, just look at William Hill, I could have used other examples but willhill
was the best, now with uk taxes being increased and their earnings declining they have fiinally tightend up, it was fun,
thanks for the good times Willhill

the more experienced guys will probably have seen little change in their profits, skill will alwys make you profit, if you've
done this job for a long time, (one of the dinosaurs ;)) then you have vast experience, now more than ever this is needed,
a newbie will not have this, this is invaluable.

I personally have had a very good year so far but sometimes wonder how? I also realise I cannot keep this up
forever and grudgingly accept that profits will decline, I thank the arbing gods for my good fortune and wish it could
continue forever, arbing will never ever die completely, and the most skillfull may still earn large sums, reason being they
are the most skillfull.

us poor arbers have lost a lot, all those bookmakers getting smarter, MBookers stopping their lucrative cashback,
Pinnacle/SBO etc leaving UK, I could go on,  how many of us have actually packed it in? probably few, we're a greedy
bunch us arbers, we'll fight on until there's no hope, us dinosaurs don't know any better and greed and addiction
will keep us earning to the bitter end, those poor newbies don't stand a chance ;D
Last edited by yorkjoss on Sun May 03, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
portman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon May 04, 2015 12:37 am

I agree to Arbusers. As said, arbing was much more different than nowadays, i still remember Arbusers' review on his first site which was describing Betoto/Bwin as the ''chicken with the golden eggs''. And it was vastly true since i still remember that for some years i was enjoying the first profits of the day in an extremely easy manner due to Betoto's forgotten odds. Arbs of 3% or even more that were existent for hours and hours. Currently such easy money do not exist to the extent of my knowledge and even if they do exist they will be on some very risky places. I think that some big guys will survive and will enjoy profits (most likely declining) in the long run. Our business was fun some years ago, but now is a struggle.
Arboman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon May 04, 2015 1:36 am

wow guys what a depressing topic... Unfortunately there is truth to it and this problem does not concern arbers only, it is common for every money making opportunity. Its simple, when I win money someone else has to lose it - so after a while that someone else adjusts and cuts the losses, thus my earnings decrease and I have to counter adjust or look for new opportunities.
While I saw my online poker earnings decrease year after year and the mega-donks with ROI of -10% vanish from the high-mid stakes tables I decided to try mining crypto-currencies (this was back in november 2013. While we had a few good months by april 2014 mining cryptos was dead. Now I am arbing and can say with full confidence that arbers still have plenty of room  to adjust...
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue May 05, 2015 9:16 am

Sports Arbitrage is not dying but it's getting more challenging. Not easy like old times. Veteran arbers should be able to find ways to adapt themselves to new conditions. My advice to arbitrage traders, make good investments with the money you make with arbing. You can never know what will happen in future. Remember the good times, nothing lasts forever..

You may experience motivation problems after a point. Let's say, you're making 100€/day. Next year, you start to make 200€/day. Since it's a raise in profits, you will be motivated to keep working. However, let's say you were making 1200€/day and next year your profit drops to 200€/day. Would you stay in front of computer all day if your profit had dropped to 200€/day? Probably, you wouldn't. You won't feel very motivated to work for 200€/day profit after tasting 1200€/day. You will feel like staying in front of computer(s) is just not worth of your time anymore..

Another element can cause motivation problem is other money resources. It's said money won is twice as sweet as money earned. Well, Money earned without working (I call it "Lazy Money") is even more sweeter! What's Lazy Money? First of all, Money we make via arbing is not Lazy Money. There's a work, a labor involved. You have to be in front of your computer for hours, you should be able risk a serious capital, you should be able to act quick and catch the arb before others. Lazy Money is a passive money resource. There's zero (or very few) work involved. Let's give some examples to Lazy Money resources. You buy gum machines and you plant them to strategical points (cafe, shopping mall) and your men collect them every week. You buy a factory and you rent it to firm and they give you rent money every month. Of course, some risks involved in these business as well but the good thing is you don't need to work to make money. These are passive money resources after all. Creating passive money resources is a great way to become rich.
Last edited by Yngwie on Tue May 05, 2015 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
yo
yorkjoss

Tue May 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Yngwie/Sawyer wrote:
My advice to arbitrage traders, make good investments with the money you make with arbing.
any suggestions?

interest rates are so poor that bonds or attractive long term rates from banks are non existant,
I am not interested in property, I do not have the patience of desire for a long term investment of this type,

I'm an arber after all, used to short term gain (I know, I'm being unreallistic and arbing has me spoiled)
as an arber I'm in control, with investments, I lose this control, or do I?

I'm just a dumb arber, no quailifcations, not a clue about investments, good or bad, the topic of course is
"Is sports arbitrage dying?" if the answer is yes or close to yes then psychologically,something may have
to take it's place, like a mouse on a wheel continually being rewarded, for me and maybe others?
getting off that wheel may not be that easy.

of course that wheel is still running at the moment ;)
Last edited by yorkjoss on Tue May 05, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esso
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 05, 2015 3:24 pm

my suggestion is spread your money. before i started my arbitrage career i was working at a bank. i know a lot about investing money.

I do it like these:
physical gold 10%
physical silver 20%
shares 20% (but at the moment i wouldnt by shares)
rented real estates 25%
corporate bonds 10%
wind energy 10%
other inverstments 5%

rule number 1 in investing money in commodities and stock markets: buy and sell anticyclically

at the moment it is  a very good time to buy gold and silver
Last edited by Esso on Tue May 05, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportoboy
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue May 05, 2015 8:08 pm

Esso, this is a very interesting post. May I suggest that you open a thread about it and analyse a bit further each aspect (ok apart from the obvious gold/silver)? I think that many here would like to read an insight like this.
Esso
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 05, 2015 8:25 pm

i will open a threat in the next days about this topic and share my knowledge
Arboman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 05, 2015 11:22 pm

Esso wrote: my suggestion is spread your money. before i started my arbitrage career i was working at a bank. i know a lot about investing money.

I do it like these:
physical gold 10%
physical silver 20%
shares 20% (but at the moment i wouldnt by shares)
rented real estates 25%
corporate bonds 10%
wind energy 10%
other inverstments 5%

rule number 1 in investing money in commodities and stock markets: buy and sell anticyclically

at the moment it is  a very good time to buy gold and silver
Nice! I just know the good old formula:

1/3 in real estate
1/3 in gold
1/3 in cash

This way you avoid a lot of physical , environmental and economical risks! But from an investment perspective it's probably not optimal...

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”