RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Trading fail with small stakes

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Arboman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Trading fail with small stakes

Tue May 05, 2015 12:25 am

Ok, here is the deal, I decided to play marketmaker and do some trading (as there were no arbs) I saw a wide gap and decided to back at the top end at 3.28. At the time the highest price was pinnacle with 3.12 the rest was at 2.95-3.05. Pinnacle moved up to 3.19 and I could not lay at 3.24. There were 2k at 3.30 and 2k at 3.36. which indicated that even the weight of money is in my favor. These guys prolly want to get matched so they will move down. Needless to say the back price started climbing up and 3 min prior to start I ended up trading out at 3.36 (8 pints loss + commission)

Here is what puzzles me most, if all bookies make money with crap prices how on earth there is no one to match me at a price that is 15 points higher than the highest price on the market (and 25 above the average market price)? My conclusion so far : trading sucks - just stick to arbing :)
Last edited by Arboman on Tue May 05, 2015 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Trading fail with small stakes

Tue May 05, 2015 5:56 am

you can develop trade skills.  I don't think 2k is a small amount, personally.

Anyway, it sounds like there was not nearly enough time for this trade to occur.  I think of trading that is something done over a day or more, but at least hours.  The line has to have time to move.  And if you're relying on bets being bought up on an exchange, you can't count on that at the last minute.
Last edited by Cash on Tue May 05, 2015 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue May 05, 2015 10:38 am

I suggest you don't take the wight of money as a criterion for trading, unless there is a very hot event. CL, EPL, etc. Weight of money was a good indication 5-6 years ago, but now many traders are using it in order to trap others. Many bots/softwares that you can find in the market are allowing you to reverse (from back to lay and vice versa) the position of a large amount within a mouse click time.
Bu
Buddha

Wed May 06, 2015 1:05 am

Arbusers wrote: I suggest you don't take the wight of money as a criterion for trading. Weight of money was a good indication 5-6 years ago, but now many traders are using it in order to trap others.
This is true. WOM is not to be taken very seriously.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”