BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Marathonbet

Ask anything about smart gambling
UKLad

Marathonbet

Mon May 11, 2015 8:14 pm

Hi I'm new to the arbing world and recently signed up to lots of bookmakers and immediately sent my ID so the bookmakers could pay me quickly without delay. However marathonbet told me they wouldn't accept my ID until they asked for it? Very strange... Please give short review of marathonbet as they look to offer good opportunities for arbs.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Marathonbet

Mon May 11, 2015 10:05 pm

UKLad wrote: Hi I'm new to the arbing world and recently signed up to lots of bookmakers and immediately sent my ID so the bookmakers could pay me quickly without delay. However marathonbet told me they wouldn't accept my ID until they asked for it? Very strange... Please give short review of marathonbet as they look to offer good opportunities for arbs.
You will be lucky to get 5 arbs with them before they limit you to £1.00, so make sure they are nice big max bet arbs!
Never trust a goose!!!
avskum
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 12, 2015 9:37 am

yes sometimes you find 1-2% arbs on NHL between marathon and pinnacle with max stakes towards 2k!! make sure to hit some of these! Also if you deposit with a credit card you will get slightly higher limits at marathon.
Timorous
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 12, 2015 4:54 pm

They limited me after less than $300 profit...not even kidding (I admit some of it was my fault for betting on silly markets...I am new...I made mistakes :))

They let me withdraw my funds, but other than that they were useless and their customer service is appalling...

An example - they settled my bet wrong, they 'voided' a draw no bet that was actually a winner.

I told them it was bet number X, she replied that bet number Y was a definite loser - I advised that I didn't mean bet Y I meant bet X - her reply was "Bet G between Team1 and Team2 was cancelled"

I again explained I was talking about bet X and she disconnected the chat - this took over an hour......when I finally got back through to them I asked for a manager and the issue was sorted immediately, but they advised the previous advisor got the information wrong because I provided the wrong security details for a different account that they were also in......

As they say above - hit them hard and withdraw!
KaTsOu
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Marathonbet doesnt withdraw my money

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:24 am

Hello guys I got account and got limited after 5 bets . Then i tryed to withdraw the money and they requested ID and proof of address. I send all the docs and they still blocking the withdraw saying the verify process have not yet completed after 3 days.
Any1 had the same issue?
Should I do something to guarantee that my money is safe?
Any1 had the same problem with me?
Ferda
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:00 pm

I wanted withdraw my money, after limiting in like 7 days, so i sent em my ID's etc and im still waiting, it's already 8 days just for aprove my IDs, not for getting my money back yet at all.
Same with William hill, i'm waiting 8 days for something stupid like 100$ to my skrill.
KaTsOu
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:51 pm

Lucky you :D,
I was almost instantly limited to 1euro max bet (after 4-5 bets).
And was waiting about 5 working days for my verification process.
When it was done i cashed out all my funds.
Malteser
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:00 pm

Don't voluntarily ask to undergo verification, you're almost self-identifying as a sharp punter when you do this. No, pretend to be a mug, a degenerate, bet hundreds on Man Utd to win every game, get tagged as a VIP, and then strike hard.
TjTaker
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:38 pm

Does not compensate because even if you are tagged as a VIP you're limited in the same.
Stay focused and never give up!
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:39 pm

It seems Marathonbet became harder to beat and wiser in the compilation of their odds as value is lower and speed is higher than before.
fg462
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:35 pm

Arbusers wrote: It seems Marathonbet became harder to beat and wiser in the compilation of their odds as value is lower and speed is higher than before.
I'm from Russia, we do now accounts tied to the tax system, accounts live a little longer. 20-30 bets. But the limits are not so big,$10-70. And what limits do you have and from which country are you? maybe we can as a topo.
VidaBlue
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:32 am

Maratonbet. I had a good experience with them some years ago. Nice site, easy to navigate, many bet opportunities. Once I got limited to 1 EURO (like everyone else) withdrawal was hassle free and much quicker than with other bookmakers, so I felt safe.

I use them still today, but just as a reference for value betting opportunities. They have so many markets, very low margins and their odds change quickly, so obviously there are many surebets with Maratonbet. Most of the time I cannot find any other reason than Maratonbet overrated odds, but occasionally there's actually something about that market, which after further analysis reveals a value to be exploited at other bookmakers.
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:57 am

So you are saying you use marathon as almost true odds reference ? I dont think that would work in long run. Unless the other bookie you are using is way out of market all the time.
VidaBlue
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:20 am

Wolfie wrote: So you are saying you use marathon as almost true odds reference ? I dont think that would work in long run. Unless the other bookie you are using is way out of market all the time.
Not at all a true reference. If I did so, I would have lost much money. It is just to pinpoint interesting markets, which COULD contain some skewed odds at other bookmakers.

Surebets with such a bookmaker (many markets, low margins etc.) may pinpoint bets with discrepancies among a variety of bookmakers.

A common example: A basket match has OU markets with sharps representation in the range of 157 to 163 points. A soft bookie only market is at OU 155.5 at 1.85/1.85. Since there are no sharps here, this error stands for some time, because it remains undiscovered, noone exploits this because bettors stick to arbitrage/value with reference to sharps. However, Maratonbet has SO many markets, OU 155-165 in this case. and it is offering OU 155.5 at 1.6/2.4. This shows an arbitrage opportunity at 1.85/2.4. The U 155.5 at Maratonbet probably has no value, but the 1.85 O 155.5 has when extrapolating the sharp line from 160 down to 155.5. If I was strictly only referencing sharps I would not have found this opportunity.
Last edited by VidaBlue on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:49 am

Now it is more clear, but is it efficient to do this all the time or have you found a way to automate the process ?

Return to “Newbie's questions”