Arbitrage in Portugal

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
NAS
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Arbitrage in Portugal

Mon May 25, 2015 3:28 pm

“Olá” Portuguese arbers
It would be interesting discuss here in the forum or by PM, options for arbitrage betting due to the new online gambling law's in Portugal. Use or not VPN, emigrate to another country, etc.

Abraço
ayahuasca
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Arbitrage in Portugal

Tue May 26, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi mate,
I'm in the same situation, waiting for the law and then see what's the best solution.
Abraço

(I guess we can't speak portuguese on th thread)
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue May 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Guys, use English only. You never know who else cares about your national law.
NAS
Has experience

Wed May 27, 2015 7:55 am

Arbusers wrote: Guys, use English only. You never know who else cares about your national law.
Yes, you are right.  :-[

Basically, with the the new law , the fees will focus on the volume of the bets and not on the profits, and will be the bookmaker who will support this charge. So, few bookmakers will ask the license to operate in Portugal, and those who come should offer unattractive odds.
I do not know if any country have a similar law, for example in Spain the fees is on  the profits.
arber_PL
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Wed May 27, 2015 8:21 am

In Poland there is 12% fee on the stake, so only 4 or 5 bookmakers have licence and they're totally useless for arbing.
NAS
Has experience

Wed May 27, 2015 10:37 am

arber_PL wrote: In Poland there is 12% fee on the stake, so only 4 or 5 bookmakers have licence and they're totally useless for arbing.
Thanks for the information arber_PL. You still make arbitrage from Poland?
In Portugal will be 8-16% over the stake
avskum
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed May 27, 2015 2:35 pm

All these laws, I just dont see why. Why would their be a charge on the stake? For example if I go to a massage, sure they pay taxes but I do not get charged 12% extra ontop of the price, they pay taxes on their earnings. The bookies must pay some kind of tax already isnt this enough?
atilla9
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed May 27, 2015 2:39 pm

NAS wrote:
arber_PL wrote: In Poland there is 12% fee on the stake, so only 4 or 5 bookmakers have licence and they're totally useless for arbing.
Thanks for the information arber_PL. You still make arbitrage from Poland?
In Portugal will be 8-16% over the stake
We don't play with these bookies. Polish bookies are absolute crap. They operate only in Poland (except Fortuna).
ayahuasca
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed May 27, 2015 3:21 pm

This absurd tax is to open the way in a legal way to the state lottery to start business on sports betting without any real competition so they can continue their monopoly in the gambling business.
Alfons wrote: All these laws, I just dont see why. Why would their be a charge on the stake? For example if I go to a massage, sure they pay taxes but I do not get charged 12% extra ontop of the price, they pay taxes on their earnings. The bookies must pay some kind of tax already isnt this enough?
NAS
Has experience

Wed May 27, 2015 5:18 pm

ayahuasca wrote: This absurd tax is to open the way in a legal way to the state lottery to start business on sports betting without any real competition so they can continue their monopoly in the gambling business.
Alfons wrote: All these laws, I just dont see why. Why would their be a charge on the stake? For example if I go to a massage, sure they pay taxes but I do not get charged 12% extra ontop of the price, they pay taxes on their earnings. The bookies must pay some kind of tax already isnt this enough?
Agree
In Portugal, the law  looks like it was made for the "Santa Casa", the organization that have the game monopoly.
Also, this organization it seems that employs many former politicians and their families

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”