RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Any software/site to find e/w arbs?

Ask anything about smart gambling
laz05
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Any software/site to find e/w arbs?

Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:03 pm

I did a search and couldn't find an answer to this so was hoping someone might know.

I was recently looking in to a programme similar to oddsmonkey, except the purpose is to find arbs on the place part of an e/w bet. It was around £150 though and it didn't really seem worth it. Are there any popular options out there that would serve this purpose. I'm not really an arber, I matched bet mostly. Finding place arbs can be time consuming though so I want something to make it easier.

Thanks in advance.
laz05
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Any software/site to find e/w arbs?

Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:53 am

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if that would accomplish what I'm after though. I'm wanting to take a loss on the win part so my bet isn't recognised as an arb from the bookie perspective. This is the software that I already know of, although this screen grab is a bad example as it's showing arbs on the win part. The purpose of the programme though is to identify bets where a loss is made on the win but this is recouped and extra is made on the place. The idea is meant to be that bookies then don't recognise the bet as an arb
sttony
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Yes is the simple answer.

The two I am aware of and have used are:

1    ZRT - Zero Risk Trading.  Works

2    Eachway Sniper (EWS) - works and is more slick than ZRT

Problems and good points

ZRT - you need to manually log in and fine the bet.  Subscription is expensive.  Good points - unlikely to be gubbed, calculator works out the bets for you.  Bets - 80% of the time you will find them.

EWS - You will be gubbed very quickly.  Good points.  Takes you to the page of the bookie, BF etc.  Price is better than ZRT and so is the software. Calculator works out the bets for you.  Bets - 80% of the time you will find them.

Conclusion.

I found I was limited quickly with EWS and not at all with ZRT.

Hope that helps
laz05
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:06 pm

That's really helpful, thanks. Any idea what it is about EWS that caused you to be gubbed so quickly? I thought it would keep people under the radar as long as they're taking losses on the win part of the bet.
fuzzler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:45 pm

I think I'll try out ZRT. Details looks good enough for me.
Sampong
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:43 am

laz05 wrote: That's really helpful, thanks. Any idea what it is about EWS that caused you to be gubbed so quickly? I thought it would keep people under the radar as long as they're taking losses on the win part of the bet.
Because bookmakers were aware of EW arbing, particularly on horse racing markets a long time ago. Taking a loss on the win element of the arb won't keep you under the radar, it's one of the fastest ways there is to get restricted unfortunately.
sttony
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:38 pm

I think the answer lies with who you are betting with/against.  These companies are in it to make money.  HAve you seen a nice 8% arb and thought, 'I'll go for this', only to find the odds have changed?  Imagine the software the bookmakers have!!!!!

For me - i am happy to bet on slightly negative middles/sides.  In otherwords, a chance to win big, for a very small loss.  Pennies or a a pound or so.

Return to “Newbie's questions”