skrill security token delivery misery

Exchange ideas and share info about all e-wallets
thunderstruck20
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

skrill security token delivery misery

Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:28 am

Hi folks,

I've read one thread regarding a fraud issue which went on for a good weeks... as far as I remember it could be solved in the end with the help of arbuser admin. With that topic I learnt about the importance of using the skrill security token (a physical device which generates codes that you have to enter when doing a transaction - like a vpn token).

Therefore I decided to order one of those for myself. So far, so good... first of all I had to contact skrill support because the order option was not even present on my skrill user account site. They made it available then quite quickly.

I went on ordering the device and waited patiently for about two weeks (that was about the time during which it will be delivered). Instead of the device I received an email from skrill then (on a Friday), stating that FedEx has tried to deliver the token but did not find me at home and failed to contact me on my mobile.
My primary mobile number on my skrill account by the way is a number I do not use any more (because I moved country and had to change adress), nevertheless my skrill account does contain my current, valid number as well - nobody tried to call me on that...

So, in their email they asked for confirming delivery adress (which was correct anyway) and my mobile number. They also said that I have to reply during two workdays, otherwise they will send the item back. Fine, I replied to them on Monday (which is obviously during two workdays, counting from Friday). I simply replied to their original email to help@skrill.com - which was not a 'do not reply' email, and provided /confirmed the necessary contact details.

As on Wednesday they still they not reply anything I sent another mail, asking for reply/action. About two days later they still did not reply, therefore I sent a mail from their contact site, attaching the previous mailflow. Also to that they did not reply.

I started to get annoyed, therefore I called their support (they do have support phone numbers, nevertheless they are a bit hidden on the page...). Customer support could identify me instantly and was aware of the reason why I am calling - even without having to mention a ticket number (their original email contained one).

Support said that they have received my mails(s) and are handling the issue. Also he promised explicitly, that they will reply during the next 24 hours.

Now, that was 4 days ago...

I am really dissapointed with skrill customer service!! (nevertheless I do like skrill which is quite convinient and fast - what I experienced so far).

To summarize:
- they were not able to get their device delivered despite correct delivery adress or give me a call on my secondary mobile phone number (which was set up on my skrill account)
(probably also FedEx could be blamed for that to a certain point - as they could have left at least a notice for me to pick up the stuff somewhere or give them a call)
- they were not able to reply to several emails sent from my email account as well as from their direct contact site - during a period of two weeks
- they did not keep their promise to answer / update me via mail during 24 hours (not even 4 days later), even after talking to support on the phone

Now, this makes me really think... OK, this device costs 'only' 15 Euros (you might get it for free if you have a VIP account), but how many strings do you have to pull to get them act, to support you if there is an issue?!

What if I really had an urgent issue and needed support desperately... (like solving a possible fraud case like first mentioned), could I rely on them? - does not really look so to me...!

Have you had similar expiriences, would you have any good advice for me?

Thank you very much in advance!
GrayFox
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: skrill security token delivery misery

Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:49 pm

even if im a satisfied customer their email support sucks.
But if you are a vip they can even call you if you request a call.
their support used to be almost perfect last year.

So i suggest you just get the token you want & forget solving in time your issues by email.
thunderstruck20
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:29 pm

True...  ;)

By the way: story seems to go into the direction of a happy end...  :D

They have finally (today, on a Sunday) answered to my email(s) - informing me that have forwarded the requested delivery information to FedEx, so that they should be able to deliver the token now.

They also provided the FexEx delivery tracking-ID and asked me to contact them in addition - to make sure that everything goes smoothly...

Somehow I have a slight suspicion that someone from them is watching this forum?!  :P

However... next time I better call them directly, maybe that's the lesson here... as mentioned, their support numbers are a little tricky to find (guess that's intentionally... You find them if you login and go to the bottom at the page 'my account' and click on 'contact', then second tab 'phone'.

Take care, bye for now! ;)
GrayFox
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:16 am

Great you solved the problem then.
Yes its somehow tricky & i was always wondering why.
I wrote the number somewhere else so i dont need to search it every time.
bye

Return to “General talk about e-wallets”