Losing your bankroll

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
ArberPro
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Losing your bankroll

Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:56 pm

Hello guys,
I have been arbing for 5 years now ,this month due impulsivness and losing my head i have lost almost all my bankroll (i had taken out money for other investements).First there was a big loss then i turned it in a bigger lost ,took somedays to cool off but not sufficient and made another big loss,after several big losses i have empyted almost all my accounts.
Now i am thinking of getting a loan to restart arbing...but i am a little affriad ,can i stop gambling and restart arbing ? or should i move on on something else.
yo
yorkjoss

Re: Losing your bankroll

Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:53 pm

this is very easily done, a moments madness and fortunes can be lost, gambling and arbing are closely linked,
for gamblers who discover arbing, massive self control is needed 100% of the time, 99% of the time is not enough,
there is no need to gamble when you know how to arb? it's not that simple, once a gambler always a gambler?

if you are going to succeed arberpro then you have to change or you will always be in danger of repeating what you have
already done and go through even more of the pain which you are going through just now.

good luck!
Last edited by yorkjoss on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ishito
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:20 pm

Personally suggest you go to place where you cant use your notebook. ( if some money left ) or make a break at least for 1 month.

Then you will come with fresh brain and start slowly , there will be plenty of arbs again after leagues start..
I
RoosterDonky
Has experience

Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:24 am

Look at yourself in the mirror.
Say "I am stupid"
"I am an arber not a gambler".
Stick with pre game arbs since you have more time to cover sides in case if something should go wrong.
If you're a degen though there's no need for you to be trying this and getting a loan as eventually you will give in to your degen nature.
Fade Fairpunter's picks for sure profits!
f164
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 pm

I have noticed that some people simply do not have a proper self-control for doing arbing.
Makeit

Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:01 pm

This happened to me yesterday.

How do you find discipline to do it?
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:44 pm

Makeit wrote: This happened to me yesterday.

My advise would be:

Dont ever gamble.

Dont ever arb inplay

Always cover your arb quickly even if the exchange moves against you.

Basically never gamble with an arb, hoping to squeeze out another 1%, close all trades immediately.

Stick to this absolutely 100% of the time without ANY exceptions.
Never trust a goose!!!
Timorous
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:50 pm

Personally I don't see the buzz from 'gambling' on events I can't control/influence the outcome of......my old man was a bookie though, I used to see the stacks of winning and losing slips every Saturday, and you start to understand why you never see a skint bookie!

My advice would be stick to arbing, or if you REALLY have the need to gamble do it on something you can at least have some input into (poker for example) but again stay at low stakes as there are even 'arbers' on online poker (groups of collaborators playing 20-30 tables at a time with 2 or more at the table)
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:10 pm

I had several discussions with arberpro, so you can consider this post targeting everyone but arberpro.
One of my favorite sayings in the old forum was ''It is a great decadence to become a gambler, when you ve been a great arber.'' Some members of the old forum like this saying very much, one of them made it a personal signature under every post.

Now my take is this. Arberpro has been a very good arber for a number of years. He had very good success that was converted to real wealth outside the arbing environment. Suddenly everything starts going the wrong way. In this stage you have to consider...what changed so drastically that turns things against me? If you find the answer, then you have the solution to your problem. When you have the solution, it is a personal decision to implement it. In arberpro's case there are 2 things that must be followed. 1st, make the decision to stop gambling. 2nd, set a set of rules that will be followed in every case with no exceptions. In the army, they call it Standard Operating Procedures, or SOP. These SOPs are the guidelines that automatically tell you what to do in each situation. No need to think because you thought of them before the real incident.
In arberpro's case, a (well known) bookmaker offered an extra tool that has a big possibility to backfire on the player, in favor of the bookmaker. This is what changed drastically and caused damage to arberpro. This extra tool must be abandoned no matter how lucrative it looks. The bookmaker offered poison in a nice bottle.
Last edited by arbusers on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:33 pm

dealer wins wrote:

My advise would be:

Dont ever gamble.

Dont ever arb inplay

Basically never gamble with an arb, hoping to squeeze out another 1%, close all trades immediately.

what ???

I agree with the rest :  just cover all arbs (even when the 2nd leg moves against you) , better to take -1% arb than gamble.If you do this , you will have no problems with your arbing career.
RoosterDonky
Has experience

Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:10 am

How much money did you make gambling?

I'm guessing probably none.

That's how you do it.

By remembering that answer and if it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make sense.
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm

Really sorry for arberpro's loses , i am right now in his situation and i can really understand how this feels!
It's really depressing!

And to be totally honest i 've been there more than twice , everytime i was managing to recover the loses and return back with even higher profits only to return when the "bad moment" came eventually to where i started!
Something like sissyfus torture , now is the 3rd time this happened , i already cooled off for 2 months but it still pains!
We have a saying in Greece "A man is not wise when he makes the same mistake two times" ... now by this probably i am a stupid !

To conclude as i see it there are only two ways through this 1) Follow SOP's as instructed by arbusers 2) Admit that you can't beat your compulsivness/addiction and quit this sport
Last edited by cortomaltese on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:01 pm

To arberpro: If this is just the first time it's happening to you it's more possible that you can beat yourself and learn by your mistake and to hopefully make you feel a little better i already been there 3 times and i am still thinking to give it another try when major leagues start
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:23 pm

fnatic91 wrote:
dealer wins wrote:

My advise would be:

Dont ever gamble.

Dont ever arb inplay

what ???

I agree with the rest :  just cover all arbs (even when the 2nd leg moves against you) , better to take -1% arb than gamble.If you do this , you will have no problems with your arbing career.
Live arbing is so volatile that for someone with a propensity to start gambling IMO it is just too risky.

Stick to pre-game arbs, covered immediately and stick to this withot ANY exceptions.
Never trust a goose!!!
RoosterDonky
Has experience

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:16 am

Mistakes are a part of life.
Everyone makes them.
It's how you react to them which is key.
If you learn from it you're doing better than most people.
If you repeat the same mistake expecting a different result then well........
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins133991.html

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”