Have my arbing days come to an end?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
samjeffery88
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Have my arbing days come to an end?

Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:17 pm

Hi,

I've been arbing for about 6 months using free arb finding websites i.e. http://myarbets.com/surebets, and a complex Excel model whilst keeping detailed records.

I averaged £30 a day profit for 5 months (total c.£4,500 profit). I signed up to 29 bookies, and at time of writing I have been banned or limited very severely from 25 of these, leaving only exchanges and one or two bookies which rarely can be used for anything. I have used my girlfriend's account and my mum's in order to go through the cycle 3 times now.

Is there anything anyone knows of whereby I can keep this going? I know of a few trading techniques, but can't find a sure fire way of consistently gleaning returns.

Is there a free service which provides 'middles' opportunities?

Is there anything that can be used i.e. software which only uses Betfair or other exchanges and is reliable and will yield results?

I think I've exhausted my options but I really need the money!!!

Any suggestions would be welcomed  :)
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Have my arbing days come to an end?

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:29 am

samjeffery88 wrote: Hi,

I've been arbing for about 6 months using free arb finding websites i.e. http://myarbets.com/surebets, and a complex Excel model whilst keeping detailed records.

I averaged £30 a day profit for 5 months (total c.£4,500 profit). I signed up to 29 bookies, and at time of writing I have been banned or limited very severely from 25 of these, leaving only exchanges and one or two bookies which rarely can be used for anything. I have used my girlfriend's account and my mum's in order to go through the cycle 3 times now.

Is there anything anyone knows of whereby I can keep this going? I know of a few trading techniques, but can't find a sure fire way of consistently gleaning returns.

Is there a free service which provides 'middles' opportunities?

Is there anything that can be used i.e. software which only uses Betfair or other exchanges and is reliable and will yield results?

I think I've exhausted my options but I really need the money!!!

Any suggestions would be welcomed  :)
Only way is to use your friends help
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:28 pm

I think about this a lot, right now I'm in a situation similar to you Sam but not there yet. I find the best way to deal with less results is to just try and learn to accept that your situation has changed and will change. That doesn't mean you give up as the second post here is definitely worth pursuing, but it's very easy to let it get to you when mistakes happen and when there's no profit. Distracting yourself for a while with something else will help or maybe try to learn other aspects about markets and trading just to keep that part of your mind active.
It's difficult when you get comfortable with a situation and then it ends, especially when it's providing you an income, it's hard to let that go. I think the less you dwell on the problem the more brief this period can become, I try to engage in other activities when my feelings about this become negative.
f164
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:21 am

try to use your friends help and do some live arbing next time. The account should last longer.
samjeffery88
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:48 am

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your posts.

SilverMamba - I have decided to immerse myself in the world of trading and see where that gets me. Bought a book on volume price analysis and betfair trading, and also downloaded some good software.

Only time will tell...

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”