Some questions before I get started

Ask anything about smart gambling
mercury77
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Some questions before I get started

Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi guys,

I am in final stage before " taking the plunge" and start my arbing journey. I have read lots and lots of topics on this forum and that really helped me a lot. So my thanks goes out to all of you who have posted this really valuable info over here. I have some questions though that I hope you can help me with before I really start.

1) Is it best to take only arbitrages between soft vs sharp bookies in the beginning or did you do soft vs soft in the beginning as well?
2) I have divided my bankroll in 45% to sharps and exchanges where half of that is with pinnacle. 30% is in cash and the other 25% is divided equally at 8 soft bookies. When using the cash do you add that to a bookie once your money is gone over there or do you add money as well to it when you see more arbitrages over there and you are already have your full stake used for an arbitrage that is currently running? For example marathon shows a lot of arbitrages ( I know you will be limited there quickly).
3) Is it best to focus on football ( top 10 leagues) in the beginning or would that limit me too much in the number of arbitrages? I know weekends wouldn't be a problem but to turnover your cash during the week would be a bit harder probably. I dont want to bet in too obscure matches / sports because this would flag me probably even sooner. What's your experience with this?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
batko
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Some questions before I get started

Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi mercury77!
I am not that experienced either but I have a clue what are you asking. I had similar questions when I started to read this forum:
1) Arbitrage happens ONLY between sharp (Pinnacle, SBO, etc.) and soft (bet365, william hill, etc.). The idea is that a sharp bookie reacts quicker to specific conditions, infos and thus changes the odds faster than the soft bookies and this is where you arb the bet.
2) It is better to get an advice by someone more experienced
3) They would flag you anyway if you are arbing :)) You'd need a software that finds you arbitrages. Football leagues don't matter because arbing doesn't happen in Top 6 leagues only. Sometimes the only match where you could arb would be in Iceland 2. division.
I hope that helps. Good luck!
arber_PL
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:21 am

batko wrote: 1) Arbitrage happens ONLY between sharp (Pinnacle, SBO, etc.) and soft (bet365, william hill, etc.).
Totally disagree. You can find arbs between 2 softs without problem.
f164
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:24 am

Also between sharps you can find one, but you must be really fast.
mercury77
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies! I noticed on the different software I am testing (betringer and rebelbetting) that there are indeed arbitrage opportunities between softs. I asked the question because maybe you will get burned sooner because of the different ways of showing/hiding the max. stake with the soft bookmakers. Maybe the more experienced guys have some experience to share on this point  :) . With the sharps the stake amount shouldnt be a problem when you do the "soft side" first.

About rotating your money is it ok to place bets a day ahead or should you do it as short from the start as possible because doing it a day before can be another tell to the bookmakers that you are doing arbitrage?

Return to “Newbie's questions”