Re: Paddypower and Betfair merger

Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:59 pm

Stay focused and never give up!
galt88
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:48 am

Anybody has any opinion ,this merger how  will be affect the Paddy Power odds and stakes?
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:12 pm

I actually think it is the beginning of a long decline in the betfair exchange (Or a continuation of the decline that started 2 or 3 years ago with the PC and awful new site).  But I can also see other exchanges becoming bigger, or even a new one spring up and become huge.

As of today, Betfair is to exchanges is like Pinnacle is to books.  Pinnacle is THE line, and Betfair is THE exchange.

But I predict with their ongoing greed, and many site crashes, once enough liquidity happens on a rival exchange, Betfair will fade and die rather more quickly than people think.

Of course I may be completely wrong, which is why I am an arber not a gambler lol
Never trust a goose!!!
Rudolpho
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:19 pm

dealer wins wrote: I actually think it is the beginning of a long decline in the betfair exchange (Or a continuation of the decline that started 2 or 3 years ago with the PC and awful new site).  But I can also see other exchanges becoming bigger, or even a new one spring up and become huge.

As of today, Betfair is to exchanges is like Pinnacle is to books.  Pinnacle is THE line, and Betfair is THE exchange.

But I predict with their ongoing greed, and many site crashes, once enough liquidity happens on a rival exchange, Betfair will fade and die rather more quickly than people think.

Of course I may be completely wrong, which is why I am an arber not a gambler lol
Well, you can watch the stock price. Maybe try to sell some long term options if you think so :)
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:56 am

I find myself using Matchbook more and more as opposed to Betfair.

As far as my gloomy outlook earlier in the thread, I fear I may be correct. I've noticed a lot of basic lines that I used to hit upon seem all but gone. Companies are merging and competition seems like it's shrinking with everyones odds beginning to look identical to each other. Maybe Fantasy Sports can offer something to the table when it arrives as a new fresh industry.
Last edited by Skaggerak on Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:33 am

for one thing betfair is no longer allowing canadians bc of this, since dang paddypower does not allow canadians. 
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:32 am

Cash wrote: for one thing betfair is no longer allowing canadians bc of this, since dang paddypower does not allow canadians.
Collateral damages.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”