£100 arb per time

Ask anything about smart gambling
paco
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

£100 arb per time

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:57 am

Hi all,

My 1st post here so please don't pull my guts out  ;)

I've spotted a few arbs recently via 365, corals, betfair, marathon. on football & tennis, the arbs are between 5 -12% however the tennis matches looks like the price won't be there long, but on several events it's still there at the start so could be taken.

The football matches seem genuine also, however these average around 6% whilst the tennis is averaging higher.

I want to try this out with £100-£150 stakes (rounding numbers up of course ) can anyone please suggest any pitfalls ? I

Is the staking amount about right without risking limitation ?
Rudolpho
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: £100 arb per time

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:02 pm

There's always risk of limitation. You can just slightly decrease this risk. In your example stake amount is quite right for beginning.
But honestly, I wouldn't touch any pre-match >5% arb at the beginning.
paco
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:16 pm

Rudolpho wrote: There's always risk of limitation. You can just slightly decrease this risk. In your example stake amount is quite right for beginning.
But honestly, I wouldn't touch any pre-match >5% arb at the beginning.

Thanks Rudolpho,

What would you say would be an save average arb % for a newbie using say £150 stakes ?
Timorous
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:46 pm

They catch up eventually - it's not the arb % that seems to get you caught, more what you are betting on and whether you are being highlighted to the traders.

Some tips (apologies if they are elsewhere)

1. If a site lets you see the stake limit before you place the bet...check it and bet below. The more times you bets get referred to the traders the more likely they are to suspect you.

2. Avoid betting on stuff that will stand out - example, never bet on over 6.5 goals in a Ukranian Womens Under 19s 2nd Division Reserve match.

3. Try to slide your money to an exchange (i.e. bet on less than 2.00 on exchange & offest more than 2.00 on the book) - a book is less likely to restrict a losing player (although they have been known to)

4. Too many withdrawals - they seem to hate anyone who withdraws in the first montth or two and instantly 'review the account'.

Believe me, you will never have a more annoying net chat discussion than some underpaid bookie employee copy and pasting "it was a trading decision" over and over and over and over again.

Once restricted there is no way to be unrestricted - so milk whilst you can!

Those are just some of the rules I set myself...and I have still lost access to all the 'good bookies' haha
Rudolpho
Has experience

Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:12 am

paco wrote: Thanks Rudolpho,

What would you say would be an save average arb % for a newbie using say £150 stakes ?
This kind of stake amount is more for your own protection at the beginning. You will make mistakes and better they don't cost too much.
Otherwise it's as Timorous said - if you will bet on low leagues, even £15 could be a red flag. It depends on market limits. I'd say there would be no difference, if you place only arbs on EPL 1X2 markets. No difference between 100,150 or 1000 quid. The limits are high on those markets.
One more thing - it's the country you register from. I believe the limits are different from country to country. And then for example there's a difference if you're wagering £150 in UK where it might be an average days salary or £150 in Eastern Europe where it's 50% of monthly minimum wage.
vickou
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:26 am

so what is the best way to bet then?
Rudolpho
Has experience

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:22 pm

The best way is to explore your own situation and adjust.
My way is "milking a cow". I get as much as I can in the least amount of time. I can't imagine that a wh or 365 acc could last for a month or two for me. I've tried fixed amount of small bets in large limit markets with no success. It's the red flag I have to live because I'm from Eastern Europe and that's the way it is.

Return to “Newbie's questions”